• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Sound set missing in Sibelius

Share/Bookmark

GPO Sound set missing in Sibelius

Hello everybody.

I recently bought GPO4 which I intended to use in Sibelius 6.1. There's no problem getting Sibelius to play the GPO sounds but in playback devices there's no GPO sound set option. I click at the little arrow and there's a lot of other options. General Midi, General Midi 2 etc. But no GPO sound set.

What do I do?

/Sincerely Jonnie

Re: GPO Sound set missing in Sibelius

Oh, I forgot. I'm on a macbook. I tried reinstalling GPO now but still no GPO sound set option.

It's a little tricky.
    The Soundset only appears for the Aria engine, in the manual soundsets tab.
    Here's what to do:

Use the Custom setting, then move the Aria VST over from the left to the right Active side. Click on Manual Soundsets, pick Aria, and in the drop down should be GPO 4.0.

Then, do a Save As for your configuration back on the Active Devices page.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    It's a little tricky.
    The Soundset only appears for the Aria engine, in the manual soundsets tab.
    Here's what to do:

Use the Custom setting, then move the Aria VST over from the left to the right Active side. Click on Manual Soundsets, pick Aria, and in the drop down should be GPO 4.0.

Then, do a Save As for your configuration back on the Active Devices page.
    Hey,

Thanks for the answer!

But I still have the same problem. The only available devices in Playback Devices/Active Devices are Aria Player and E-MU (which is my master keyboard). No Aria VST though. And if I choose Aria Player, then Sibelius picks the sound from GPO but in Manual Soundsets there are no GPO option listed. Only the same which are listed "below the arrow" in active devices after I changed it from the left to the right side. Any ideas?

It's all very confusing!

Hmm ... I've something that could be of use. In my GPO4 folder there's a file called Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.xml. When I click it Sibelius imports something. But still no sound set though. But I believe I read something about that xml-file during my intense googleling on the problem. Can't find it again though.

After more research I've found the folder where Sibelius keeps all the sound sets. Sibelius 6/Sounds. And there are all the sound sets available in Sibelius but the funny part is that I've also found the GPO xml files in that same folder?! So why can't I see them in Sibelius!

There's a Sibelius 6.2 Try updating and seeing if it resolves your issue automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    There's a Sibelius 6.2 Try updating and seeing if it resolves your issue automatically.
    Still not working. I've reinstalled both aria, garritan and sibelius and made all of the updates. Is it possible to make your own sound set? Or can I go around the problem in any way?

I don't know if it applies to MAC, but I on Windows had to copy a dll file (ARIA Player VST_x86.dll) from C:\Programs\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST to the directory seen by Sibelius (directory defined in Audio Engine Options).
    Ciao
    er

Go Back to forum