• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Trillian do this?

Share/Bookmark

Can Trillian do this?

Sometimes a bass player will just ride 8th notes on a single note. Sometimes he'll mute the string with the palm of his pick finger hand and sometimes he'll just chug away on an open string (while he's pointing to a girl in the audience )

Can Trillian do both of these convincingly? In the old days with my XP-80 and the Roland Bass and Drums card I'd only be able to get close to this buy holding down the sustain petal. Unfortunately the 8th notes would start to mash up into one big sub-boom mess.

The articulation I am hoping for isn't really staccato as the notes keep ringing until the next picked note sounds (hope this makes sense) I would guess it's a round robin type of articulation with some sort of legato?

A lot of pop songs that I write use this type of articulation and while I can play real bass enough to get by I can't get the amazing tone that I hear in the Trillian demos.

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Can Trillian do this?

sounds like the new sustain2 feature in Trilian.
    When you activate it the 8thnotes will connect smoothly without overlapping while you keep your foot on the pedal.

Check out the video. That technique is demonstrated here:

http://vimeo.com/11227363

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Check out the video. That technique is demonstrated here:

http://vimeo.com/11227363
    Holy Cow Eric!

That was an amazing video demonstration. Not only is it exactly what I was hoping for regarding my question above it was jaw dropping and awe-inspiring!

I can honestly say that Omnisphere has impacted my music like no other synth I've ever owned. I was shopping the other day for another soft synth and have given up. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has the sound and features of Omnisphere. You've left the competition in the dust and I can't imagine any other soft or hard synth giving you a run for the money. It's not only the features and usability it's your uncanny ability to make the most musical sounding patches ever. I have yet to bring up a patch that is a dud.

Trillian is on it's way. Keep it coming my good man and how about a Heart of Africa/Asia expansion pack?

Sincerely,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

"Can Trillian do this?"

Never heard of that program, but "Trilian" definitely can!
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    "Can Trillian do this?"

Never heard of that program, but "Trilian" definitely can!
    Trillian is way better thanTrilian. It's got an extra "L"... It's also got electrolytes... there what plants crave (Idiocracy movie reference)

Actually I'm holding our for Quadrilian "Acoustic bass, electric bass, synth bass and sea bass"... but I digress...

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Go Back to forum