• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA audio dropouts in Ableton Live

ARIA audio dropouts in Ableton Live

Every time I load a GPO4 instrument into the ARIA Player within the VST in Ableton LIVE, I get horrible audio dropouts and clicks the first time I hit each note. The problem seems to go away for the most part for subsequent hits of each note, but clearly this is very annoying behavior. Right now, I have to play every note of the instrument a few times before beginning my performance to get everything properly 'loaded' and this is clearly not an acceptable solution.

It seems like for some reason, ARIA isn't loading enough into RAM immediately and therefore takes the actual playing of notes to trigger this, but that's just a guess. I have tried multiple different settings of pre-cache and DYN MAX, but to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have a very important performance coming up soon and I really don't want to have to revert back to GPO3 with Kontakt 2 Player!

Thanks a lot.

Re: ARIA audio dropouts in Ableton Live

Halsey, I don't know why you're having that issue, sorry to hear about it. You've already tried the only things I could have suggested - playing with the pre-cache and Dyn max settings.

"...I really don't want to have to revert back to GPO3 with Kontakt 2 Player!..."

--But that's an option. The instruments are the same. It would be easier on your nerves, with your performance coming up, to use the tried and true--since the KP2 set up was apparently working OK for you.

Randy B.

Hi Randy-
    Thanks so much for the response. Too bad there wasn't something simple that I was overlooking to fix this...

As fas as reverting back to Kontakt2 goes, what's the best way to do this? My original discs are for GPO1/KP1 (which I upgraded at some point), so I don't have the software to install. I am on a new computer, so I have not ever had KP2 on this machine.

Are old versions downloadable anywhere to your knowledge? I would have to reinstall the entire library right? I have found in the past the reverting to earlier versions of software if often tricky business, so if you have any suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

OH, I see. I have the Kontakt and Aria versions both on my music computer, and was picturing that situation for you.

Well, that is a bit tricky, and haven't seen someone do what you're facing. All I can really say is start with the original discs, then at the NI site, step through the upgrades--argh--- I think they're all still available. But there isn't a complete download of the last version available.

I think you should bite the bullet and see if you can do the above.

I wish the Aria/Live problem could be figured out for you. I take it you wrote to the support email at the Garritan store site? They've been answering people pretty quickly.

Randy B.

Hi Randy-
    Yeah, it's going to be tricky, I think! I have other things to try regarding fixing my core issue first, but then I'll do the install path with NI if need be.

I actually see a new version of ARIA from April which I had not yet installed (1.096) and I just installed it and things actually seem to be improved. I need to test more thoroughly, but it's encouraging.

Thanks again for the help.

Go Back to forum