• Register
  • Help

Topic: Experimentation with JABB3

Experimentation with JABB3

hi there,

Here is the starting of an experimentation made with JABB3 and GPO4. It has no particular name for now.

There is no dynamics and expression for now. I'm not concentrating on the execution, but only on the composition and orchestration.

Let me know what you think about it...

There is no spoon.

Re: Experimentation with JABB3

So far it sounds good. Bit short, but you know that. It's an interesting theme. It has a bit of a movie feel to it, the jazzy style that was popular in the 60s and 70s, like Mancini (great music). I'm interested in hearing more. Especially the point where the brass goes to maximum volume...

An intriguing opening which does makes you want more ... reminds me a bit of the start of the "Sharks and the Jets" fight sequence in Bernstein's "West Side Story" ... so yes, maybe the brass are about to come in and cause a bit of a rumpus?

Thanks guys for your replies.

Mancini, Bernstein... Wow.. I'm not one of these composers... I'm just a week-end composer. But thanks for the comparison.

And yes, the trumpets and horns will blow.... How did you guessed?

I have plenty of ideas I need to write down.

There is no spoon.

Southern Ontario, Canada

Hi Fred;
    It is jazz-like and makes me think of Mancini, a la' PinkPanther.
    I would be very interested in how and where you take this!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hey boulif the link is no longer active. Can you please re-upload your track as i would love to hear what you came up with..

Suburban NYC

Yes, please re-post ... it's not an active link!

Fred "boulifb"---Are you out there? I came back to your thread, hoping you'd re-activated the link, since I never had the chance to hear what you were working on. Maybe you were working on a new version and planned on posting it?--What happened? Hope you come back!

Go Back to forum