• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria

Share/Bookmark

Aria

I am new to GPO 4 ARIA... and fairly new to digital music making so please forgive questions the answers to which seem obvious to people with experience.

Gary G. did an outstanding job on this program.

I use Overture 4 for may notation.

When I click on the VST icon in Overture 4, and open "Instrument Rack" I get a choice of ARIA and ARIA (Multi)

What is the difference between these two choices?

Also... Once I am in ARIA and am ready to chose the sounds, I get another choice of STANDARD and NOTATION

What is the difference here as well?

I would appreciate a response form anyone.

Also... is there anyone within about an hour's drive from Detroit, who knows ARIA? I am willing to pay for instructions.

Of course, any help from the forum will be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me by e-mail

abraham@abzgroupinc.com

With much appreciation,

Abraham

Re: Aria

Hello and a warm welcome to this forum, which is filled with useful info, helpful people, real "masters of audio making", composers, listeners and there is always Randy Bowser, the most helpful and patient guy here and everywhere (sorry Randy, I abused your name).

• In Overture use ARIA Multi for getting more instruments in that ARIA player, max. 16.
    • The Standard instruments are for SONAR or other sequencers and for Overture as well. The Notation instruments are for Finale users mostly (some settings are different to accomodate Finale -which is another notation - and playback - program.

I don't live an hour drive from your house, it is more one week - excluding the necessary wet feet crossing the ocean........ sorry.

Raymond -from the Netherlands

Welcome Abraham.

If you're looking specifically for help with Aria and Overture, do a search in this forum for Overture and in particular a user named snorlax has been using Overture for several years.

I think if you experiment and ask questions you'll find you won't need a personal visit but rather can get alot of information and instruction here on this forum.

Good luck.

Steve Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Hello and a warm welcome to this forum, which is filled with useful info, helpful people, real "masters of audio making", composers, listeners and there is always Randy Bowser, the most helpful and patient guy here and everywhere (sorry Randy, I abused your name).

• In Overture use ARIA Multi for getting more instruments in that ARIA player, max. 16.
    • The Standard instruments are for SONAR or other sequencers and for Overture as well. The Notation instruments are for Finale users mostly (some settings are different to accomodate Finale -which is another notation - and playback - program.

I don't live an hour drive from your house, it is more one week - excluding the necessary wet feet crossing the ocean........ sorry.

Raymond -from the Netherlands

Thank you Raymond. You have heped me once before.

Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Welcome Abraham.

If you're looking specifically for help with Aria and Overture, do a search in this forum for Overture and in particular a user named snorlax has been using Overture for several years.

I think if you experiment and ask questions you'll find you won't need a personal visit but rather can get alot of information and instruction here on this forum.

Good luck.

Steve Winkler
    Thank you Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by abzgroup View Post
    Thank you Raymond. You have heped me once before.

Abraham
    .... and you are still a happy guy? Wonderful (haha)

Raymond

Hi

Multi is for multiple _audio outputs_ not instruments.
    both versions allow 16 instruments to be loaded.

As Overture doesnt suipport plugins with more than stereo outputs, it would be a waste of CPU cycles to use the multi version.

Regards
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Hi

As Overture doesnt suipport plugins with more than stereo outputs, it would be a waste of CPU cycles to use the multi version.

Regards
    Sorry Abraham, my mistake. I switched the terms, instruments and audio outputs.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Hi

Regards
    Thank you David. Would you also shed some light on the difference between
    the two choices when loading instruments; STANDARD AND NOTATION

I thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Sorry Abraham, my mistake. I switched the terms, instruments and audio outputs.

Raymond
    No problem Raymond

Go Back to forum