• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cinematic Strings STANDARD????

Share/Bookmark

Cinematic Strings STANDARD????

Has anyone else noticed this:

CINEMATIC STRINGS STANDARD, all the articulations and features of Pro but 'downgraded' to 16 bit and single mic option to save on computing resource. This is exactly what I'm looking for, especially if there's an option to upgrade later. The samples are also 'downgraded' from 48khz to 44.1 which is important for notation programs such as Finale which doesn't support 48khz samples.

Trouble is, one minute it's mentioned on the CS site next minute it's gone again!! Does anyone know what's going on?

There's been a lot of discussion here about warm sounding strings and to my ears, both HS and LASS have a tendancy to sound metallic and I'm beginning to think this is genuinely something to do with American string orchestras. I recently heard the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra perform in Exeter Cathedral - the coldest and worst possible environment for warm strings. Yet, they were strikingly sweet and mellow, even during moments of heavy attack.

Although I've only the demos to go by, CS most closely matches the woodier tone I'm looking for. Provided the legato is good (which it appears to be) and it comes with most of the articulations I need (which it does), this will be the library I will most likely go for.

So, is CS STANDARD a figment of my imagination?

Regards, Graham

Re: Cinematic Strings STANDARD????

Hi Graham. I think there was some info a while back about a standard version, but if memory serves me right, that was back last year. I have CS for sometime now and loving it. It has a very nice tone. And Alex is working on some more Arts for the library I believe. I have no regrets at all about purchasing it. And support from Alex and David is is superb. Hope this helps. Joseph

Re: Cinematic Strings STANDARD????

Quote Originally Posted by mech289 View Post
    Hi Graham. I think there was some info a while back about a standard version, but if memory serves me right, that was back last year. I have CS for sometime now and loving it. It has a very nice tone. And Alex is working on some more Arts for the library I believe. I have no regrets at all about purchasing it. And support from Alex and David is is superb. Hope this helps. Joseph
    Thanks Joseph,

Yep, I recall seeing that a while back as well. But yesterday, when I clicked on 'Products', it came up with STANDARD and when I clicked on that, I got the description roughly as cited above. It's as if someone was updating the site. I do hope so because I for one would definitely get my credit card out for this. I'm tempted anyway but would feel happier going in at Standard given the potential problems of 48khz samples being unsupported in Finale which I depend on.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum