• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Topic: Please put a Piano in Omni

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Please put a Piano in Omni

    Eric P et al,

    I know I've requested this before, but I thought I'd toss it out there again.

    I would truly love to see one really decent piano in Omnisphere. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Steinway D, Yamaha C7, Bosendorfer, etc. etc....as long as it sounds normal and it's not on fire Although I adore and use the burnin piano patches!

    The more I use Omni and the more people I connect with who use Omni in other forums seem to have the same opinion...Omni could be all we use EXCEPT...alas no ebony-n-ivory.

    Typically it seems like a piano is a 6-10 gig hike in content size but jumping from 40 to 50 doesn't seem like that big a deal. Plus with a 21,000 sample Acoustic Bass in Trillian, I know Spectrasonics can not only accomplish it, but most certainly do so with the greatest of finesse, man that bass sounds good!

    So there's my "+1" for an Omnidorfer!

    Thanks Eric P and the Spectrasonics team, amazing work, please don't place me or my post in the "give-me-give-me bench" box, I am so thankful Omnisphere is where it is, it truly is a masterpiece and you should probably charge double for it (and take more vacations).

    ..I really do think Omni does need this addition.

    Thanks,

    big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

  2. #2

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    I got Alicia's Keys for £90 after buying Omnisphere it goes with it really well and is a match for Omnispheres sound quality. I dont think Spectrasonics will ever make a Piano as they will have to compete with the others that spend all their time and money on one piano patch. I would rather Eric and his team spend their time making lots of patches and expansion packs.

  3. #3

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
    I got Alicia's Keys for £90 after buying Omnisphere it goes with it really well and is a match for Omnispheres sound quality. I dont think Spectrasonics will ever make a Piano as they will have to compete with the others that spend all their time and money on one piano patch. I would rather Eric and his team spend their time making lots of patches and expansion packs.
    Like a piano expansion pack?
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong, CHINA
    Posts
    189

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    Quote Originally Posted by bigcohoona View Post
    The more I use Omni and the more people I connect with who use Omni in other forums seem to have the same opinion...Omni could be all we use EXCEPT...alas no ebony-n-ivory.
    +100

    But hey, whatever... it's just that we know Spectrasonics KILLS at everything they do, so if they ever *did* decide to do a normal, non-burning, non-dreamy piano -- or maybe multi-sampled drums -- they would be amazing.

    So don't anybody go flaming us for just asking, LOL.... It really would make Omni even more "omni"...


  5. #5

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    Hey he could make a piano expansion pack but by the time its out all the omnisphear fans have already baught a piano VST.

    Omnisphere was my first Synth and it was disapointing to find no proper piano patch but sounds of lightbulbs but thats just omnispher for you I found it hard to learn songs without a piano but I didnt want to wait for them to bring one out. Even though Spectrasonics beat every other company I think they would find it very hard to make a better piano than the competition due to time the others spend all year on tweaking their piano software.

  6. #6

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    I agree a Piano expansion pack would be amazing...

    Many people had Bass libraries and instruments before Trilogy or Trilian arrived, but it didn't stop them from checking out and purchasing the best Bass Instrument ever created!


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong, CHINA
    Posts
    189

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    Quote Originally Posted by rounik View Post
    Many people had Bass libraries and instruments before Trilogy or Trilian arrived, but it didn't stop them from checking out and purchasing the best Bass Instrument ever created!
    RIGHT -- agree 100%.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Patthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    352

    Talking Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoTain View Post
    But hey, whatever... it's just that we know Spectrasonics KILLS at everything they do, so if they ever *did* decide to do a normal, non-burning, non-dreamy piano -- or maybe multi-sampled drums -- they would be amazing.

    So don't anybody go flaming us for just asking,
    In my unmitigated gall I have to agree with Tokyo here, as no-one has yet to come up in the rear view mirror of Spectrasonics in ANYTHING that Spectrasonics has chosen to do....In my estimation, the next contender is still at least 1-2 years behind them by conservative estimates; and that's if you lump in ALL aspects of the given products ranging from User interface, to Shear power, ease of use, feature set, flexibility, ease of host integration, headache free transition in this whole XP to Windows 7 fiasco, quality and complexity of sounds, depth of user control, quality of built in effects, and on and on an on ad ininitum,...... when you start to add the sum total of this list up, the distance grows greater and greater.

    Between Eric's unprecented experience in synthesis and sampling technology and mastery of recording artistry, and those he's chosen to surround himself within the team.......I suppose its just a question of what they want to do.

    The passion that has driven Spectrasonics to exceed and excel at everything that it has done thus far, in no way puts a "Very Grand Piano" outside of the realm of Spectrsonics rather immediate and dare I say presumptuously say relatively (from a technological and a know how standpoint) easy grasp...... I think its just a matter of whether of whether and or when they decide to shoot that out of the cannon.

    Great curious question though!!

    FWIW... Oh and if it ever does come to pass.. please.... no Dull old Grandmother pianos please. Something with a A bottom end that's somewhere between that of a beautifully tempered resonant growling 7 foot Petrof and a Yamaha C7. Something that sets your heart on fire!!!!! and has an upper register that isn't so timid that it's weeping into a mix as if sole purpose is to communicate or prove its age. It a piano.... not a bottle of wine!!! Let it sing.......

  9. #9

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoTain View Post
    +100

    But hey, whatever... it's just that we know Spectrasonics KILLS at everything they do, so if they ever *did* decide to do a normal, non-burning, non-dreamy piano -- or maybe multi-sampled drums -- they would be amazing.

    So don't anybody go flaming us for just asking, LOL.... It really would make Omni even more "omni"...

    Could not have said it any better...even though I tried;b
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

  10. #10
    Senior Member Steve_Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Please put a Piano in Omni

    No flame intended ... but this thread reminds me of when I used to play in bars and people would say things like "play something we can dance to"
    or "do youns play Mony Mony?"

    Omni has always seemed to me to be about going "where no one has gone before".

    Everyone already has plenty of drums and pianos to work with and Eric and the team aren't going to break any new ground in those areas imho. It's all been done as far as those 2 instruments go.

    I suspect that the "S. Team" is all about exploring new frontiers.
    I'd never ask them to play Mony Mony for fear the time spent learning it and playing it would subtract from some actually serious creativity.

    There's nothing I enjoy more than being shown something I've never seen or heard before.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •