• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to make your mother cry

Share/Bookmark

How to make your mother cry

Hey there.
    Here is a new short piece i did , feel free to leave some comments and gimme some feedback on ma stuff and such.

Thanx.

http://www.box.net/shared/qdkxlu0l2r

Re: How to make your mother cry

Superb sound, and very drammatic ... seems to summon spirits from hell ... kinda like "Night on bare mountian" (Mussorgsky) perhaps? - but in an original way ... not quite sure about the ending, though ... as it is it fades out as if there is more to come, so doesn't quite seem complete, but maybe you intended it to die out more suddenly, so that it disappears as suddenly as it starts?

Very interesting comparison...i would not have thought of that in a million years myself, i percieve this as a rather cheerfull and comical composition actually!
    Or...that was the intent lol, but clearly i infused it with something a bit darker along the way

Thanx for listening.

Very clever piece, superb accomplishment. And the ending crowns the whole thing, I think. Can you give a small "product description" of the tools you have used? H.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_O View Post
    Very clever piece, superb accomplishment. And the ending crowns the whole thing, I think. Can you give a small "product description" of the tools you have used? H.
    Thanx!
    Oh nothing flashy in there, some VSL, Ew, Sam, etc...the usual suspects.
    Pretty much older libs tho, xept some Tonehammer Perc and Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds etc.

I try to maximize the potential of what i got, instead of looking for new and better ( and more expensive) libraries all the time.
    So lots of eq-ing, reverb weirdness and reprogramming of the presets and such.

I think the sounds are there already...and have been available for quite some time, if one only could learn to use them right
    Some day...

Nice orchestral mind you've displayed here (and I think your mother would enjoy this, rather than cry, so was your title an attention grabber? for shame! lol ). You must be proud of your skill level, I can hear that kind of excitement in it... now if your reason for composing keeps you composing, that will be a good thing, as you explore the endless avenues of exploration yet to be unexplored by those who explore the endless avenues of exploration yet to be explored... by those who explore, which you, I'll wager, are... (until you do work for hire, that is)

Quote Originally Posted by wbiro View Post
    Nice orchestral mind you've displayed here (and I think your mother would enjoy this, rather than cry, so was your title an attention grabber? for shame! lol ). You must be proud of your skill level, I can hear that kind of excitement in it... now if your reason for composing keeps you composing, that will be a good thing, as you explore the endless avenues of exploration yet to be unexplored by those who explore the endless avenues of exploration yet to be explored... by those who explore, which you, I'll wager, are... (until you do work for hire, that is)
    I guess i attempted some slight form of irony with the title, altho intent and outcome does not always work out as intended.

Anyway, that`s very gracious of you, thank you for that vivid description.
    I would not say i marvel so much at my own ability, or perhaps lack of it...i find it unhealthy to linger too long in self-conciousness, it usualy invokes a consequential feeling of doubt as well.

I do work for hire, but i always try to inject it with my own personality ....and i can tell you that i never seem to learn that lession quite well enough to avoid the endless frustration and debate over what is perceived as minor details by the decision-makers, often accompanied by charming requests such as "yes its nice, but can you do something a bit faster, maybe add some kick-drums?"

oh the joy

Thanx for your time.

Go Back to forum