• Register
  • Help

Topic: Via Dei Chiavari

Share/Bookmark

Via Dei Chiavari

Via Dei Chiavari is a small but busy street in Rome with scooters and small cars buzzing along it.

http://www.gygardner.com/music/Trave...20Chiavari.mp3

Re: Via Dei Chiavari

Nice! I'm from Rome and I know that street (not so busy).
    The street is near Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Farnese and Piazza Navona, three of the best places in Rome.
    The only issue about your piece is that has more Napoli mood than Rome. In roman popular music there's more major than minor. I enjoyed anyway...

Great atmospheric, program music. It does recall the mood from light transitional scenes in Italian movies. It wouldn't have been out of place in Il Meglio Gioventu (if I spell that correctly; my Italian is rather weak). It's quite charming, catchy counterpointed themes, well orchestrated, good sound. Nice.
    Theo

Thanks for the insight into Italian music "dialects." I will remember this in future work. I'm pleased to meet someone who is familiar with this little street. I only know it because I stayed at the Chiavari hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by zeruyo View Post
    Nice! I'm from Rome and I know that street (not so busy).
    The street is near Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Farnese and Piazza Navona, three of the best places in Rome.
    The only issue about your piece is that has more Napoli mood than Rome. In roman popular music there's more major than minor. I enjoyed anyway...

Thank you Theo.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Great atmospheric, program music. It does recall the mood from light transitional scenes in Italian movies. It wouldn't have been out of place in Il Meglio Gioventu (if I spell that correctly; my Italian is rather weak). It's quite charming, catchy counterpointed themes, well orchestrated, good sound. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FLWrd View Post
    Il Meglio Gioventu
    The right spell is "LA meglio gioventù", since "youth" is feminine: a final "O" does not always means it masculine
    If I spell that correctly; my Italian is rather weak
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

I really enjoyed this! The transitions into each idea are REALLY smooth (something I can't seem to accomplish), and the orchestration is really nice.

Thanks for posting!
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Go Back to forum