• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Wind in a Frolic (For English Horn and Orchestra)

Share/Bookmark

The Wind in a Frolic (For English Horn and Orchestra)

This is a dedicated demo for English Horn (French) with orchestral accompaniment.
    Don't look for the eng. horn at the beginning it only comes in at around 40 sec.

The English Horn is from the VSL downloads.

At a later point I will do a demo for English Horn (Viennese), so you could hear the difference.

The Wind in a Frolic

Thanks for listening!

Guy

Re: The Wind in a Frolic (For English Horn and Orchestra)

I have to laugh; I saw your post in the Composition Review forum earlier and was going to commend you for posting it there instead of in the Sample Talk forum like you always do.

Then...............

Sorry, I don't get why you post your music here, looking for comments, that's all.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anxiety View Post

Sorry, I don't get why you post your music here, looking for comments, that's all.
    maybe because there might be people here that don't go to VI forum, and so wouldn't have the opportunity to listen to Guy's music?
    Nice work as always, Guy, you seem to have a feeling for late XIX - early XX music, which I can understand...

Ahh, I've co-mingled the sites. I meant the Listening Area on this NS forum, why isn't this posted in there instead of the Sample Talk forum. That's what I don't get.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

my fault, I misunderstood, sorry mr Anxiety...

I have to laugh; I saw your post in the Composition Review forum earlier and was going to commend you for posting it there instead of in the Sample Talk forum like you always do.

Then...............

Dear Mr Anxiety,

On this forum, this is the only section this piece was ever posted. These are samples and a composition, I hope this is ok with you posting it here? I have noticed from your past comments to me, you have some sort of issue with me, I won't elaborate more, but seems it's always the same few people... This has nothing to do with criticism, people know I handle criticisms of my compositions without any problems and welcome it, just review my history if you want. It's just that you are starting to look a bit obvious to me Mr Anxiety. Even in your very rare positive comments, you must always add something to remind me I'm just an amateur. Please deal with your problems in some other ways.

The Listening Area, which is one below the Sample Discussion, is where everyone else puts their material to be reviewed. That was my point.

The Listening Area, which is one below the Sample Discussion, is where everyone else puts their material to be reviewed. That was my point.
    The listening Area is for general listening. This area is specifically for sample discussions, I am interested in feedback regarding the samples used as much as the composition aspect. People have posted mockups here for years, all of Jay Bacal's demos have been presented right here. So if you don't have anything else to say other than complain please use your time doing something else.

and now, for a comment related to the actual music...

very cool piece, indeed. You can definitely experience the wind! The English Horn sounds excellent, as well, quite realistic.
    Sam

sounds very nice! I like it very much. Can you give me an idea of the tools you used to create it? Are these your own samples you are working with or a particular library? It sounds very realistic to my ears. Great Job.

edit: I see that you listed out the sample - sorry. But still a great job. And I would like to hear more about how you work and put this together.

Go Back to forum