• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic shows Omni/Trilian using 1 core

Share/Bookmark

Logic shows Omni/Trilian using 1 core

OK, maybe this has been discussed. But is that normal. I notice that I can peak out one core quickly with certain sounds- yet the other core appears to be doing nothing. Is Logic to blame- is there even an issue? I would like to be able to force Omni/Trilian to use both cores (especially for live playing). Or is it doing it behind the scenes?
    Running on late 2009 MBP 2.53/4GB (in either 32 or 64 bit Logic Studio)

Re: Logic shows Omni/Trilian using 1 core

a channelstrip in Logic can only run on a single core.
    If you use several parts in a multi you can spread the load to more cores by opening up another instance and assign the other parts to that instance.

Thanks- that makes complete sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    Thanks- that makes complete sense.
    Hmm, so this is not the case with me. In Logic (64bit)- I load up Omni and Trilian (and even EXS24)- I record enable all 3 and start playing- still only 1 core on the performance meter lights up. I will keep adding more instances to see if maybe Logic will auto-magically reallocate to the other core.

Eric/Spectrum- does your Logic setup show both bars going when you use your instruments?
    thx

Final Update- I found this from Apple- I couldn't get load-balancing to work but someone might find this useful.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3161

Maybe-the reason is that you record enabled all 3 tracks.
    Also-Logic doesnt use a 2nd core automatically. If the first core still has enough power to spare the additional plug ins will also run on the first one.
    Rule of thumb is:
    A plugin can only run on one core but one core can host several plugins.

Go Back to forum