• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Remarkable iPad discovery with Omnisphere/Trilian/RMX

Share/Bookmark

Remarkable iPad discovery with Omnisphere/Trilian/RMX

HOT TIP - Discovered a remarkable new iPad trick for using Omnisphere/Trilian/Stylus RMX with it!

Check out the video: http://bit.ly/bgSVLr

Of course this trick is applicable to any software and instruments too!

:-)

Re: Remarkable iPad discovery with Omnisphere/Trilian/RMX

Awesome find!
    Thanks for sharing this Eric!
    Another excuse to get an ipad!!

Hi Eric,

Thanks for sharing. Air Display is the one app I've been excited about for the last few days - but I'm still waiting for my iPad to be delivered.

I'm looking forward to using it to edit Ultrabeat Patterns (a touch step sequencer!) or Hyper Editor... etc cool.

One thing that would really be cool: If the Spectraonsics plugins could be resized like the native Logic plugins - that would mean we could really take advantage of the entire iPad display!

Is that possible for 3rd party plugins? So far only Logic's built-in plugins work this way.

Thanks

Interesting.
    How do you resize the logic plugs?
    Would be nice to have Sculpture and Ultrabeat in full glory on my 23 display.

Resizable plug-in GUIs for third parties are often quite problematic on various hosts. Something we frequently look into though, but it's a mess of hurt for most of the developers that try it.

Quote Originally Posted by rounik View Post
    One thing that would really be cool: If the Spectraonsics plugins could be resized like the native Logic plugins - that would mean we could really take advantage of the entire iPad display!
    As you can see in the video, the Spectrasonics GUIs actually do use almost all over the iPad display, so it's already about as good as it's gonna get.

This doesn't beat having a dedicated remote control app with a specialized control GUI for multi-touch of course, but it sure is a useful app for a lot of different things! The best thing is that it's compatible with everything running on OSX 10.6

imagine sitting at Starbucks working with your Macbook Pro and the iPad as a second monitor...all wireless and on batteries....that's pretty futuristic stuff and it's here today for only $9.99 app!

Hi Hans,

This works in Logic 9 only:

Drag the plug-in window from the bottom right:

or you can use preset sizes from a Plug-in windows View Menu in the top right:

It's these little (sometimes hidden) features in Logic 9 that I love!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    As you can see in the video, the Spectrasonics GUIs actually do use almost all over the iPad display, so it's already about as good as it's gonna get.

This doesn't beat having a dedicated remote control app with a specialized control GUI for multi-touch of course, but it sure is a useful app for a lot of different things! The best thing is that it's compatible with everything running on OSX 10.6

imagine sitting at Starbucks working with your Macbook Pro and the iPad as a second monitor...all wireless and on batteries....that's pretty futuristic stuff and it's here today for only $9.99 app!
    Yes, you're quite right... Omnisphere pretty much fills the screen. I imagined it would be useful to zoom in a little to make the part selection buttons easier to access. It's a shame it's not a viable option...

Have you tried Omni/RMX on dedicated touch screens before? Did you develop them with that in mind? Any Omni iPad app in the works?

The future is here! I remember looking into a Lemur surface a while back and thinking it's the future but it'll be an expensive future... well, this is now cheaper than expected! So glad in many ways that Apple opened up the app store to indy developers. Also glad that this proves with a little imagination the iPad can be a creation device and not left in the bracket of 'consumer only'.

I've been looking at the AC-7 Pro app as a touch control surface substitute - but Air Display would make working in Mainstage and Logic's Environment a lot of fun - where it's easy to create a custom interface...

Now, I've just got to wait for my iPad to arrive

Thanks Eric! Appreciate you posting a video of Air Display.

Of course our Omni Live iPhone remote app works great on the iPad.

As for the future....ye shall have to wait and see.... :-)

Great! I'm more than happy to wait for Spectrasonics products Eric. :-)

Cheers!

Go Back to forum