• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian- Midi Learn and custom controls question

Share/Bookmark

Trilian- Midi Learn and custom controls question

Hi folks,
    So I am now doing some custom assignment using my X-Station and Trilian. I have assigned my first group of DIALS in to the top portion of the custom controls. But have found an issue- on some patches- the custom controls will switch from knobs to buttons. So now I am using my X-Station knob to turn on and off a button- which is so wrong. Is there a way to have the button/switches mapped separately than the knobs- as an option?
    Hopefully this makes sense- to me it does- but I am looking at my layout so of course it makes sense to me.
    Thanks

(update).
    To make this more clear- if you take the first row of controls- you can learn 7 knobs- and if you patch changes one of the knobs for a switch- it uses the same learned CC for the original knob. What I would like to see is that buttons are given their own learnable CC- and a knob has their own learnable CC. Eric/Glenn- does that make sense ?

Re: Trilian- Midi Learn and custom controls question

Hi,

I would say...unlearn the knob...and then re-learn it with the control you want.

Also, note you can learn two different hardware controls to the same custom control. For example, you could attach a hardware knob and a hardware switch to the same custom control. That allows you use either the knob or the switch, depending on the patch.

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

That's a great tip Glenn...never thought of that trick!

Yep, even I learn stuff about our instruments here. :-)

spectrum

you're funny man!

well for crying out loud- that is brilliant. That will solve my issue completely. Now we just need those controls for the Omni patches- shouldn't take you guys too much time me thinks (hahahahaha!).

Go Back to forum