• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Electric Bass And Guitar For Rock Music

Share/Bookmark

Electric Bass And Guitar For Rock Music

Just wondering if anyone knows of any new guitar and bass samples being produced for rock music. I am still waiting for some good heavy rythm and lead guitars, along with a really good heavy picked rock bass. I\'d pay some good money for a wicked heavy picked rock bass! My current setup includes: Zimmer Guitars, Sonic Implants Amps & Pickups, Quantum Leap Guitar And Bass, Dan Dean Giga Bass.

Re: Electric Bass And Guitar For Rock Music

Don\'t you like Sonic Implants\' Hard Pick Rock Bass? I think it\'s a pretty good sounding picked bass sample.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killerbobjr:
    Don\'t you like Sonic Implants\' Hard Pick Rock Bass? I think it\'s a pretty good sounding picked bass sample.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sample is VERY close to being ideal for rock music. I love the up and down strokes. I just wish they would have put more emphasis on the \"pick\"ed sound. The pick sound is a vital part of a good heavy rythm section, the pick itself provides for a good percussive compliment with the drum kit.
    wow...what a mouthfull...

Have a look at Xsample Vol 1. Demo and Info on http://www.xsample.de

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Georg:
    Have a look at Xsample Vol 1. Demo and Info on http://www.xsample.de <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Georg, I did not see anything geard toward rock on this site. I did download their \"e-bass\" demo. I didn\'t find that suitable for rock music. Perhaps I missed something?

Hey Munsie,

Why don\'t you drop Skarbee a line, and see if he\'d be interested in developing a couple of rock bass cds to complement his repertoire?

Although rock bass doesn\'t seem to be his first choice, his current bass library is so damned detailed I can\'t imagine him doing anything less than a fabulous job if he was to give it a go.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Hey Munsie,

Why don\'t you drop Skarbee a line, and see if he\'d be interested in developing a couple of rock bass cds to complement his repertoire?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I think I will go ahead and email him on this issue. Thanks!

Hello Munsie,

to play jazz, rock, func, modern or what ever, is your job. We can\'t make for every instrument a demo using every music style. You hear on this demo the just the slaped sounds, there are also a lot of other styles in the gig. The e-bass contains 11 differnt sound types.
    finger
    finger muted
    plectron plastic
    plectron plec felt
    plectron stop
    slap
    thumb
    thumb mute
    thumb slides
    fred noise
    \"tontopf\"
    You got this styles combined and programmed in 31 (!) different presets. I think it\'s no problem to use this bass in any style.

Georg

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Georg:
    Hello Munsie,

to play jazz, rock, func, modern or what ever, is your job. We can\'t make for every instrument a demo using every music style. You hear on this demo the just the slaped sounds, there are also a lot of other styles in the gig. The e-bass contains 11 differnt sound types.
    finger
    finger muted
    plectron plastic
    plectron plec felt
    plectron stop
    slap
    thumb
    thumb mute
    thumb slides
    fred noise
    \"tontopf\"
    You got this styles combined and programmed in 31 (!) different presets. I think it\'s no problem to use this bass in any style.

Georg
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Georg,

Any bass could be used for rock, but I\'m searching for a very heavy picked rock bass. I\'m doing a virtual classic rock thing all done in GigaStudio. (With great results I might add..) At this point in time I am so far into this project that I would pay big bucks for a seriously wicked heavy picked rock bass. I KNOW it should be a relatively easy product to produce since you wouldn\'t need that many velocities, plus none of the \"thumb or slap\" stuff would be needed as well.

Hi Munsie,

A Scarbee J-Picked will first be ready some time next year. I know you need a bass now, but I can\'t work any faster and due to my contract with TASCAM I have to make the fretless first.
    I hope you find a good solution - have you considered buying a bass and play it \"the old way\" yourself? If you record it as audio in Logic/cubase you can trim the recordings so it will sound tight.

Good luck

Scarbee

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 07-29-2001).]

Go Back to forum