• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lost Note Sound in Score View GPO4 with Sonar 8.5 Producer over Window-7/64

Share/Bookmark

Lost Note Sound in Score View GPO4 with Sonar 8.5 Producer over Window-7/64

Hi,

I posted this problem on the Cakewalk forum last Saturday. Lot's of looks but no replies in 3 days. I am using GPO4 and Sonar 8.5 over Windows 7/64. I use Score View mostly for composing with frequent tweaks in Event View. I need to hear the note when left-clicking a note when in Score View. When I have only one track, it works. But once I get two or more tracks, I can no longer press on a note and hear it. When I press play, I usually hear all notes but sometimes notes will not turn off and I can get several notes that stick on like our church pipe organ does sometimes when the weather is cold. Does anyone have any insight into these problems?

Re: Lost Note Sound in Score View GPO4 with Sonar 8.5 Producer over Window-7/64

Investigate:

• does the note has velocity greater than zero?
    • using ARIA player? when starting and stopping lots of times shortly one after another, sometimes you can get that ever continuing sound (at least I had).
    • modwheel set for those other tracks (CC#1)?

I never compose using the Score View, so I don't have any experience with it and use it only for corrections. I cannot think of anything else, maybe somebody will help you any further.

Greetings and success,

Raymond

Hi Raymond62,

Note velocities are all 100%. I am using the Aria Player to generate sounds. I am not starting and stopping quickly like you say. As for the modwheel, I haven't ever dealt with it but it shouldn't matter because it works and then it doesn't.

I have played with it some more and have a better understanding now. My test project has five tracks, all string sections. When I press on a note in Staff View, I hear the note. I then play the piece by pressing the Space Bar and then I stop it after four measures by pressing the Space Bar again. The time indicator goes back to the beginning of the piece. I then can't hear sound after pressing any note. If I exit Sonar and then re-run it, I can then play individual notes once more until I play the piece. After that, I can't hear the notes any more when I press them.

Cakewalk tech support finally came back with a reply containing two useless suggestions. They also said that sometimes there are problems using audio that is integrated into the motherboard which is what I have. Maybe this is the problem. My old system XP/32 used integrated audio and I never had this problem before.

Good morning Pablo,

... and this may help.

When doing Zero Controllers when play stops, all controllers set are back to zero.

Raymond

Go Back to forum