• Register
  • Help

Topic: NI Authorizations

Share/Bookmark

NI Authorizations

I recently had a hard drive crash and had to replace my drive and re-install QLChoirs and QLSOGold Xp NI versions (on my slave machine). I managed to re-authorize both with no issues. My question is just curiosity: It seems the authorization process is different now. Now you have to use the service center to authorize and you don't have to paste any codes anywhere. Simpler now. Originally I was under the impression that I had two authorizations total. It would seem that I just authorized a third because it never un-authorized anything (I had choirs installed on two machines). Can I use these on an unlimited number of machines?
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Re: NI Authorizations

You could run this by EastWest, but to the best of my knowledge the answer is a firm "no". If you check your licencing agreement, you will note that you are only permitted to run one version at a time. And yes, the NI Service Center has been a useful addition for quite awhile now, but you can still do downloads etc. via logging into your NI account directly. HTH.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I believe before it literally gave me two authorizations . Why would they give me two if I could only use one at a time? I have no intention of violating the licence but I really want to understand how it has changed with the new service center.
    Intel - Core i7 920 2.66GHz Quad Core 12Gig DDR3 1HD - 500GB for system 3HD - 1TB Seagate Sata II for audio and samples RME Multiface II Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Cubase 5 64 bit Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, EWQLSO Gold with Close Mics, QL Choirs, Gypsy, SD1, SD2 Pro, QL Pianos Gold, QL RA, Fab Four, Ministry of Rock, Reaktor, Memphis Horns, Ethno World II, Garritan Strings

Hey...don't shoot me; I'm only the messenger!
    In any case I just noticed you asked the same question over at the forum and an EW Admin responded "You are only allowed to use one version at a time, anything else is a violation of the license." That's basically what I reported too, so guess you now have your answer...from two sources, plus you have your license in case you have other concerns. HTH.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Still confused, but thanks for responding.

Hi guys

Is there any reason why specrosonic did not send there products out with its own licence/Authorization key like a USB that plugs into your PC/Mac.

I must say it can get pretty anoying when you need to wait for techs to give you responce codes because you have used them all up.

The system im talking about is the way steinberg products come, they come with there own licence key, or you can download Authorization to key what this can mean is that we can install and uninsall Omnisphere/Trillion as many times as we want with out the thought of running out of responce codes and having the need to keep logging on our acount to get it and or waiting a few days to get a responce if you have run out on a weekend like I have done a few times and needed to wait for the weekend to finish before I could get my responce code

There will be times that we will not have access to the internet and it will be difficult if we need a responce code there and then, it can also mean when we want to sell a Spectrosonic product on we just hand them the product with the key and its done no problems, if the HDD crashes no problem, if I want to test Omnisphere on different OS no problem because I have my own key and have no need of internet.

This in my view is a small issue but may turn into a problem if we have a cyber attack and the whole network crashes, it does seem that we are leaning on the network system a bit to much.

I believe that Spectrosonic would do better going down the USB mode or at least think about somethink like it for us guys.

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 4gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware: controlFreek. yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Still confused, but thanks for responding.
    I'm not sure about the issue of only using it on one machine at a time. Certainly you're allowed to have it installed on two. I'm not sure anything has changed with the move to Service Centre. Once upon a time NI held a database of your registrations, and you had to manually unauthorise one of your two machines before you could authorise another. I think that database is still there in the background, but you don't get to interact with it any more. I asked the question when the switch happened and someone at NI implied that Service Centre automatically took care of de-authorisations. So I assume that when you authorise a third machine, Service Centre automatically de-authorises your oldest registration, and you would subsequently be refused a new code for that one.

I don't know, because I haven't ever tried going back to an older machine and re-authorising. It would also seem to have the obvious flaw that you don't get to decide which authorisation gets cancelled, but I can't think that NI would simply let you add as many machines as you like, so there must still be some control.
    David

Thanks David. Definitely sheds some light on it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by novaburst View Post
    Hi guys

Is there any reason why specrosonic did not send there products out with its own licence/Authorization key like a USB that plugs into your PC/Mac.

I must say it can get pretty anoying when you need to wait for techs to give you responce codes because you have used them all up.

The system im talking about is the way steinberg products come, they come with there own licence key, or you can download Authorization to key what this can mean is that we can install and uninsall Omnisphere/Trillion as many times as we want with out the thought of running out of responce codes and having the need to keep logging on our acount to get it and or waiting a few days to get a responce if you have run out on a weekend like I have done a few times and needed to wait for the weekend to finish before I could get my responce code

There will be times that we will not have access to the internet and it will be difficult if we need a responce code there and then, it can also mean when we want to sell a Spectrosonic product on we just hand them the product with the key and its done no problems, if the HDD crashes no problem, if I want to test Omnisphere on different OS no problem because I have my own key and have no need of internet.

This in my view is a small issue but may turn into a problem if we have a cyber attack and the whole network crashes, it does seem that we are leaning on the network system a bit to much.

I believe that Spectrosonic would do better going down the USB mode or at least think about somethink like it for us guys.

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 4gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware: controlFreek. yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.

I hope they never do that- I bet that will be a a common response. The only thing I want plugged into my Mac is a keyboard- not a key to prove I own the software I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    I hope they never do that- I bet that will be a a common response. The only thing I want plugged into my Mac is a keyboard- not a key to prove I own the software I own.

Hi Javaj

I wanted to do some inspired producing so I set off to a realy nice place in china I took some of my hardware and my lap top with my new inspiration loaded on it called Omnisphere and so I set out to stay there for 7weeks I had a nice little studio there when I looked out the window I could see the green hills and mountains in the background I said to my self this is gonna be a great music day I took in the fresh air and felt realy inspired.

So I set up my hardware and set up my laptop and booted up and for some reason Omnisphere was asking for a responce code I said no probs so I found my internet cable connected it up and since this place is fitted with broardband there was no worries. so I tried to boot up firefox and there was no responce, so I diceded to use explorer, but still no responce, ah I said must be a break in the cable but no worries I have another so I cionnected it and guess what still no internet.

Yes you got it my heart starts to beat a little faster and a little sweat on my forehead and so I run out side and speak to one of the locals but he dont speak english so I run into a near by foodstore and there was a women there that speaks english so I say to her (would you like dinner tonight) errh that was a joke...... I said to her is there anythink wrong with the network service, and she said oh yes there was a gas leak and they needed to dig into the ground when they did they broke all the network cables, oooooooh k I said when are they going to fix it she said they will be here in 7 weeks with that I said I walked sadly out of the shop.

How can I live with out Omnisphere for 7 weeks I started to breath heavy, sweating, heart beating fast screaming Nooooooooooooo this is not for real how am I going to get a responce code theres no network the tears flooded the studio I was so down cast so I took my laptop and opened the window and I was just about to Nooooooooooooooo

Then I woke up and found my self still in london at my home oh my gosh it was just a nightmare so I ran for a glass of water booted up my system and there it was Omnisphere alive and kicking its ok I said it was just a nightmare its ok.

Well you know what I mean to be with out Omnisphere for 7weeks well that is a kind of a nightmare dont you think.

I just dont know how you could say that you will never have a key for the back of your mac there are so much advantages you will have and the number one advantage is that you will not need to lean on the internet for a responce code.

And I think that it will give you a full sence of control over your music software not having to the need to log on to your spectrosonic acount when you need codes because that issue will be solved with your own key.

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 4gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware: Dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: six string TBR yamaha base guitar.

Go Back to forum