• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Programming Question

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Programming Question

I am really a novice at programming synths so forgive the dumb question.

Is there any easy way to explain how I would set up a patch....any patch....so that when I lift up the key, instead of the release of the note simply playing, the release would immediately begin a glide downward in pitch?

If so, is there an easy way to control the speed of the downward glide?

Thanks so much
    Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Re: Omnisphere Programming Question

Sounds like a job for *fanfare* a pitch envelope! You'd use the release parameters to get the effect you're after. I'm not in front of Omnisphere now, but I'll bet someone else will chime in here pretty quickly with more specifics if you need 'em. But if you just needed a starting place, look into pitch envelopes.

--Eric (no, not THAT Eric)

--Eric (no, not THAT Eric)[/QUOTE]

Can the real Eric please stand up.. lol

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 4gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware: controlFreek 16 channel. yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
    I am really a novice at programming synths so forgive the dumb question.
    Don't worry, I'm a novice too (just got Omnisphere a couple of days ago) but I think I've come up with a way to get the effect you're looking for.

1. Right-click the Omnisphere interface and select Initialize Multi to get a simple patch to work with.
    2. Open the Edit page and select Layer A.
    3. In the Modulation section, select Mod Envelope1 as the modulation source.
    4. In the Modulation section, select Oscillator/Pitch Course as the modulation target.
    5. Click the Invert button.
    6. In the Envelopes section, select the AMP envelope and set it to preset "00. Default ADSR".
    7. In the Envelopes section, select MODS 1 and set it to preset "00. Default ADSR".
    8. Open the Envelopes Zoom page and make sure MOD 1 envelope is selected and inactivate envelope Loop mode.
    9. Set each envelope point to a value of 0.
    10. Move the last point to set the range and speed of the release pitch glide.
    11. Depending on your MOD 1 envelope release setting you might need to adjust the AMP envelope release time to hear the full glide effect.

To get the same effect for Layer B, simply add the same modulation settings as in step 3-5 and you're done.

If anyone knows of another/even easier way to achieve the same result, please let us know.

/sp0
    macbook pro 13", pcr-800, remote 25sl compact, microkey37, lpk25, reason 7.0.1, live 9.0.4, omnisphere 1.5.6d, trilian 1.4.1d, stylus rmx 1.9.6e

Hey thanks for that! Will try this tonight....

Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Go Back to forum