• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 License Transfer

Question GS3 License Transfer

Hi. I have a copy of GS3 Ensemble I bought a few years ago, but haven´t used it for a long time - I remember it being too CPU hungry for my old PC, specially when trying to use Gigapulse. I wanted to give it a try maybe using something like GVI (I prefer the VST integration over Rewire - MIDI-Over-Lan stuff), but it seems there´s no way to get GVI since Tascam dropped GS. So in the end I´ve decided that maybe it would be better to (try to) sell my copy and get Kontakt 4 instead (there´s a good crossgrade deal going on). Do you know how does the license transfer works now that GS is dead?

Thanks in advance.

Re: GS3 License Transfer

So...... no one knows about this?

You might have better luck selling an old toaster than GS3.

Well....I could include an old toasteri in the package. So, better try to like the sounds and live with them?

Chicago, Illinois

But what about the GSVi.... anywhere to be found?

I also thought of that, but after a quick search on ebay and some online stores I couldn´t find it. So unless Tascam releases GVI as free software, I´m afraid there´s no hope. I´ve tried Linuxsampler with mixed results, and I´v also read that Kontakt can convert GS samples but results are also not perfect.

Any other ideas?

GS3 License Transfer... go here...

Line item #5 under documents... There's a "From" and a "To" form. Both need to be completed, signed, and sent/faxed to TEAC. Never done it but that's what's listed...

Go Back to forum