• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pro Samples Help! QLB

Share/Bookmark

Pro Samples Help! QLB

I just received 4 versions of this new set.

I have a couple of question.

QLB Orchestra:

I do not own this title and my knowledge of it is based on reviews, etc.

After converting the AKIA info to Giga...
    I was very disappointed. I purchased this volume in hopes to obtain a handful of useable sounds until I could purchase the full QLB.

Is it possible that, if the conversion was not properly performed I may not be hearing the real deal?

I have done convert and combine. All sounds the same. Some of the PP samples are close to inaudible and there is an unexcitable amount of hiss as well.

NOTE: As I stated earlier, I do not own the full/giga native QLB...therefore, I am hoping the fault is mine.

Please help.

Francis

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Re: Pro Samples Help! QLB

Doesn\'t sound right. Why are you combining? I think you just need to convert to gig.

Nick,

First. Thank you for your reply. I, agian, want to make clear that I am not trashing your product. The folks at Soundsonline have great things to say about your product.

I am not at the MIDI suite at the moment. In fact, I am sneaking this in during a dialouge
    edit

Anyway,

I believe the CD will show (EXAMPLE)

PARTION B
    VOLUME 1 ...3tubasm AND 3tubasusm+ (what is the + all about>?)

Attempts:
    I have selected just one and converted to gig.
    I have selected the other and converted that oe to gig.
    I have also tried...highlighting both and combining to gig.

No diff. Also, I noticed that the low PP samples are showing a low cut in the editor
    that seems to be muffling big time.

Last. All samples when I open in editor
    are ither (pan -64) or (pan +64)

Thanks again for your time.

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

I just got the Prosample QL Guitar and Classic Choirs. I did a conversion from the AKAI files to GIG using Chicken Systems Translator. It converted just about flawlessly.

I can\'t say I was disappointed -- after all I only paid $44 each. But you do get what you pay for most of the time. There is usable material in several of those files. The Acoustic God Guitar is very playable. I was hoping for more blues guitar. Some of the loops in the Classic Choir don\'t work. I may have to loop them myself (that could be a disaster).

It would have been nice to have included GIG files. Then, some of the dimensions could have been included.

clueless

Classical Orchestra (convert to gig) fine!
    Entho World (convert to gig) fine!
    Percussion Adventures (convert to gig) fine!
    QLB Orchestral (Convert to gig) not fine!
    * see above post.

Nick,

Im lost. Here is that file I was talking about today.

4FHSUSM and there is also, 4FHSUSM+ . Both loacted in PARTITON C - VOLUME 002.

Converet to gig and it\'s very muffeld..almost not there.
    *see above post.

Could there be a problem with the CD?>

clueless-
    I need a choir sample cd; would the prosample classical choir cd be of any use to me?
    sometime down the road (probably later rather than sooner) i\'ll probably get \"Symphony of Voices\" but i can\'t afford it right now.
    Does the prosample choir sound pretty good?
    thx for the input!

------------------
    -Zack Quarles
    Raven Software

zquarles:

The overall sound quality of the Prosamples choirs is good. Looping is good where they have it. There are a few samples that are not looped that I think should be. (I don\'t know if it was that way on the original.)

The Prosamples CD has numerous special effects -- several falls, several shouts, consonants, several vowels, compound sounds (e.g., hee-aah-ooh), and coral laughter. There are also many standard choir sounds (male female and both), some for \"gospel.\" Overall, I think it is worth the investment. Consider that it is one-tenth of the price of SOV.

Prior to this CD, my collection of vocal sounds consisted of patches from several hardware synths (e.g., Alesis QS7) and a collection of free (and legal) sounds downloaded from numerous sites (GIGs, sound font, Kurzweil, ...). Many I have converted to GIGs with Chicken Systems Translator. Some files are good; many are flawed in some way (e.g., poor loops). I made do. These choir samples from the Prosample CD are an excellent addition to my collection. I am glad I got them.

I hope this is helpful information to you.

clueless

clueless-
    thanks for the input; i think i\'ll go ahead and order it!
    \'preciate it.

------------------
    -Zack Quarles
    Raven Software

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    I just received 4 versions of this new set.

I have a couple of question.

QLB Orchestra:

I do not own this title and my knowledge of it is based on reviews, etc.

After converting the AKIA info to Giga...
    I was very disappointed. I purchased this volume in hopes to obtain a handful of useable sounds until I could purchase the full QLB.

Is it possible that, if the conversion was not properly performed I may not be hearing the real deal?

I have done convert and combine. All sounds the same. Some of the PP samples are close to inaudible and there is an unexcitable amount of hiss as well.

NOTE: As I stated earlier, I do not own the full/giga native QLB...therefore, I am hoping the fault is mine.

Please help.

Francis

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Francis, I too was disappointed at first until I went in and edited a couple of files. The conversion had set a low pass filter value of 3 on a couple of patches.

Once I removed the filter (set to no filter) the sounds were great.

Think it was the trombone and one of the french horns.

Hope this helps.

Go Back to forum