• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere - How Do I? -- 16th note filter pattern?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere - How Do I? -- 16th note filter pattern?

I am certain this is basic stuff for some of you, but I can't seem to get my head around it.

I have a pad sound in Omnisphere that I'd like to apply a 16th note filter pattern, so while the pad sustains, you hear the filter "dance" around the 16th notes, clocked to the tempo of the song. The filter would have various levels, depending on where we are within the measure.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

I have been fighting this for hours and I know that I am simply not approaching this from the correct place. Tried playing with the arp module, but got frustrated. I'm sure it's a basic routing issue, and i simply am missing the boat here.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

J

Re: Omnisphere - How Do I? -- 16th note filter pattern?

Try a tempo-synced LFO, routed to filter. You can modulate the 1st LFO with a 2nd one too. Or use an envelope (even easier now with the groove-lock).

... or take up fishing.

werner

Uh, yeah. That's the part that I don't get.
    Can someone please simplify this so a 5 year old can do it?
    Thanks,

J

[QUOTE=jeremyroberts;651318]I am certain this is basic stuff for some of you, but I can't seem to get my head around it.

I have a pad sound in Omnisphere that I'd like to apply a 16th note filter pattern,

Hi J

Can you name the sound your talking about so we can play about with the same sound your using, you will also get many ways of doing it.

Keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 4gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware: controlFreek 16 channel. yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.

Can you name the sound your talking about so we can play about with the same sound your using
    Any warm pad - one possible starting point could be "Warm Glue" -- I really have no idea how to accomplish this. All help is appreciated.

Thx

J

OK,

From top of my head...here it goes.

Load your patch.
    Go to the filter knob and right-click (PC...i think)
    Go to Modulate with LFO (the first free LFO will now modulate the filter)
    Go to the LFO section, choose the LFO you just assigned
    Choose the preferred LFO shape (sine, triangle etc.)
    Click Sync
    Set the LFO to Song position
    Set the rate to 1/16
    Play with the depth

When you right-click the depth knob...and choose Modulate with LFO...you can have another LFO modulate the filter depth...If you choose the S&H shape for this LFO you will have an ongoing change of the filter depth.

Hope this helps.

Have Fun.

Now, if you

It's really easier to do than that:

• Take any pad sound

• On Layer A in the Modulation section, select an unused LFO as the Source and Amplitude as the Target.

• Turn the Amplitude target slider all the way down (to the left)

• Repeat for Layer B if it is a two layer patch

• Select the "8th Ramps" preset in the LFO menu

• Change the LFO rate to 16ths

That's it. :-)

If you do the same process with Using a Mod Envelope as the source, you can get a lot more sophisticated rhythms. The Mod Envelopes include loads of presets of many kinds of grooves as starting points.

Even better, v1.3 allows you to drag rhythms from Stylus RMX to the Mod Envelopes, so that it will have the same feel and pattern as the RMX groove.

We've got a new video tutorial coming this week about how to use this new Groove Envelopes feature that's really educational.

I'll post here when it's available, but for now the simple steps above can work really easy to get get your basic "pop pulsing pad" thing going quickly. :-)

Cheers,

spectrum

Hi Eric,

Thank you. Perfect. Just what I needed.
    And thank you Roshi - you gave me some good tips as well.

I am looking forward to exploring these functions all night!

Best,

J

Go Back to forum