• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: QuickChant scripts for Tonehammer's Requiem

Share/Bookmark

QuickChant scripts for Tonehammer's Requiem

Just posting my new Requiem script for people who may find it useful. It's a mixture between a word/phrasebuilder and a drum machine, custom made for Requiem's stacatto and marcato instruments.

It requires Kontakt 4.1 and its only been tested on a PC. It appears there may be issues running it on a Mac right now. I'm trying to work with Mac users to fix this problem.

You can grab a copy from here

It installs similarly to how my SyllableBuilder script did. Instructions are included on how to install and how to use - you can find a video of it being used here. I've played with it and used it to make a couple pieces so it should generally be bug free. Any problems, feedback or suggestions are welcome.
    Blake Robinson
    programmer | designer | composer
    folio |
    catpee | dummyworld
    | facebook

Re: QuickChant scripts for Tonehammer's Requiem

Thank you very much for this!

Marko

Smile Re: QuickChant scripts for Tonehammer's Requiem

Installation seems to not be working in OSX with the pictures.

Has anyone been able to make the picture files work?

Where did you put them in OSX?

Thanks!

Glad you like it, Marko.

I'm wondering the same thing too, Sevaels. Does anyone know where you put picture resources for scripts on OSX? I've not got a Mac to experiment and find out.

You could try searching for the Kontakt 4 library resources and putting the folder in the same place as those. I have no idea where these are stored on OSX though (on windows it's the Common Files\Native Instruments folder).
    Blake Robinson
    folio |
    catpee | dummyworld
    | facebook

i haven't tried this one yet, but the syllable selector did the same thing. what's weird is that if you get out of edit and go back to the main page, and select the script on the bottom of that one instance the picture shows up.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Can't even get that to happen.

Can you tell me where you put your pictures?

Thanks

Where abouts do presets go on OSX? Is the folder layout the same? On PC, in "My Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4" I have

ir_samples
    pictures
    presets
    scripts

The 'requiem' presets folder goes into the preset folder, 'requiem' pictures folder into pictures. Hmm, I wonder if it is from me using a backslash in the script rather than a forward slash for picture path.

http://dummyworld.net/programs/Quick...rwardslash.zip

Would you be able to give that a try for me and see if that works when you get a moment? I tried replacing \ with / for paths.
    Blake Robinson
    folio |
    catpee | dummyworld
    | facebook

Went ahead and tried it manually.

The '/' did it.

Thanks Dummeh!

Keep releasing, this is the best stuff since....coffee?

Glad to hear it fixed it. That's a handy tip to remember for anyone using resources in their scripts.

I had guessed it might fix it so went ahead and updated my scripts with forward slashes anyway. All the links in recent threads and on my sites should now include scripts with this fix.

Cheers for testing that for me!
    Blake Robinson
    folio |
    catpee | dummyworld
    | facebook

I'm having trouble finding the script. In fact, I can't find any scripts in my K 4 and I just upgraded to 4.1 a week ago.

I followed your directions but I'm not sure where to put the presets. I think I have them in the right directory. Do I need to restart Kontackt? Do I need to add these to the database? Does it matter if I use winrar or unzip with the windows application? Where should I put the folder initially? Where should the contents of the folder unpack to?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I don't have any experience with scripts in K4.

Any suggestions? I'd really like to try your staccato script.

Marko

Go Back to forum