• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overiding Mono mode

Overiding Mono mode

I would like to audition some midi files, many of which have a brass track or a woodwind track that has multiple parts on the same track. I can find some instruments in GPO and the JABB that will play polyphonic parts, but many are in Mono mode and will only play a single line.

In trying to find an answer for this, there was suggestion to increase the polyphony of the instrument, but I don't think this applies to the Aria player.]

Is there a way to turn a Mono instrument polyphonic?

Thanks for your help.

Michael Close

Re: Overiding Mono mode

First and foremost, welcome to the forum Mike.

Now to the problem at hand. If I understand correctly I think the only way to get accurate playback is to use the player instruments as opposed to the solo instruments.

To tell the truth I'm not sure how you change the polyphony of a patch in the Aria player. I used to do it occasionally in the old Kontakt player but have never needed to do so with the new engine. I don't have the manual handy so I can't give you specific instructions.

Steve Winkler

Re: Overiding Mono mode

Hi, Michael - Thanks for joining in here at the nicest Forum online!

"...Is there a way to turn a Mono instrument polyphonic?..."

In Aria, if you stick with the GPO instruments, you can use the higher quality soloists in polyphonic mode by going to the Controls page, and turning off auto-legato.

But it's different with the solo instruments in JABB and CoMB - even with auto-legato off, they'll remain mono.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum