• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan CMB, Kontakt 4.1 and Finale 2010

Garritan CMB, Kontakt 4.1 and Finale 2010

I think I'm in the right area of the forums to ask this.

When Kontakt upgraded to 4.1, the cool thing was: 64 bit operation...yeah!
    The uncool thing is, I can't edit it as a plug-in in Finale 2010 any more. Make Music is aware of the situation and is working on it.

In the meantime, I have to keep working and I need to be able to edit my Kontakt 4 multis on the fly, so I've tried something that I've not done before:
    I'm running Finale outputs through midi using the IAC busses. (I'm on a Mac, by the way, I think the current details are in my signature below.)

Now I think I'm going to like this better, ultimately. Here's the one tricky issue that I'd like help on:

What is the best setting for Human Playback (Standard) when I'm using my Concert and Marching Band instruments in K4 standalone? Should I use the non-notation versions of the instruments? If so, how should I direct Finale's Human Playback to address them?

Thanks for any help you can give...
    Brad Pearson
    THG Music
    Spokane WA

MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), 3 gig RAM, OS 10.6.5, Finale 2011b, GPO4 & CMB2

Re: Garritan CMB, Kontakt 4.1 and Finale 2010

I can't think of the implications of using the plugin "outside" the application, but I think you'll still need to use the notation set of instruments if for no other reason than where the keyswitches are located. The fact that the keyswitches are in a unified location across all the samples for notation software purposes tells me you'll need to use those. Plus I think sustain is a different controller by default as well.

Those are the two things I can think of off the top of my head.

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum