• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Fruits of Silence

The Fruits of Silence

Having just completed a fairly extensive overhaul of the sequencing on this piece regarding velocities, start/stop times, organ stop volumes, etc., as well as rerecording it using impulse reverb, which I have never used before, I am presenting my first repost.

Also, for the first time, I am able to offer a PDF of the score, which is something I always appreciate when posted by others.

Re: The Fruits of Silence

Nice work, Mister Sean! Fine undertaking. I enjoyed it.

Is that a Garritan organ? Which vocal library did you use?

Larry G. Alexander

Nice work. At points, it reminds me of modern Eastern European, more mystical composers, and at other points of Romantic composers, say Widor. Very nice writing for organ too. You make it sound like a full orchestra, which is the way it is supposed to be. And the arpeggios make it so colorful. Well done.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Larry, I should have made it clear that I am, indeed, using the GPO organ for this render.

As for the voices, I’m using three different soundfonts: Florestan_Ahh_Choir.sf2, Papelmedia_Ahh-Choir.sf2, and Papelmedia_Irina_Brochin.sf2 for the solo voice. All three files are available for free on the web. I found that I was able to create a relatively believable sonority by doubling the two choral soundfonts, thus producing a larger and wider sound.

Go Back to forum