• Register
  • Help

Topic: Herman Witkam's Raw Samples

Herman Witkam's Raw Samples

Hi all,
    I have had a major computer crash and lost lots of samples.. you know where this is going.. Herman Witkam's had some great samples.. and I'm trying to get them anyone know if there still available?

Re: Herman Witkam's Raw Samples

sadly they are no longer freely distributed... I don't remember the details, but I went through a similar adventure and discovered that these, along with an ethnic percussion library I really liked are no longer around.

Since then I've learned to back up EVERYTHING, even stuff that I get off the net, since there is no such thing as forever on the net<G>!

If you happen to run across them please post here...

Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise

I have them.
    But if they are not freely distributed anymore, im not sure it would be so kewl to upload them, and even so..i think the files size is considerable...or so i seem to recall.

You are quite right I'm afraid, if they have been removed from the web and the original owner asked that they no longer be redistributed then it would be wrong to do so. I no longer have the original license file, so I don't recall if he allowed for redistribution or not. I've seen nothing that explicitly prohibits redistribution, but, without the original docs I can't say one way or the other. I did drop him an email, so perhaps we'll hear from him directly.
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise

Cheers anyway guys! .....

Yep backing up! more important than I realised!!!!!! :-(

These are wonderful samples. Unfortunately, the original license file expressly prohibits distribution...otherwise, we might have been able to set up a legal torrent of some sort.

Go Back to forum