• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: COMB2 Install Probs

Share/Bookmark

COMB2 Install Probs

Hi

Purchased and downloaded COBM2 this morning. Install ran smoothly, as did authorisation.

However... when I run the standalone or AU version of Aria the samples don't load. I can select Ensemble > English Brass Band but nothing loads.

Please help - I've had a really frustrating day with this.

Richard

Re: COMB2 Install Probs

Same problem here.

All installed correctly, but no instruments from COMB2 are loading.
    I'm running ARIA on MacPro with Logic.
    As mentioned, it also happens when using the standalone version of ARIA.

What's next?

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Sorry you've no doubt wasted mucho time too Fred. At least I'm now pretty sure the problem is definitely with the product and not me/us.

Let's hope someone reads this and sorts it out for us asap.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by MrF View Post
    Sorry you've no doubt wasted mucho time too Fred. At least I'm now pretty sure the problem is definitely with the product and not me/us.

Let's hope someone reads this and sorts it out for us asap.

Richard
    I have sent a message to Garritan support team. I hope they will fix this asap.
    There is no spoon.

Unhappy Re: COMB2 Install Probs

I can't get my CMB2 to run, either. Hope it gets fixed soon! All appeared to go smoothly with the installations and activation, but when I try to call up an instrument in Aria nothing happens -- what up with that?

Ok. I have it.

For Mac users...

Go to the folder where you installed the library COMB2. This folder is named "Garritan Concert and Marching Band 2". On the same level of this folder, you may see a folder named "Instruments". Just drag 'n drop the folder "Instruments" into the "Garritan Concert and Marching Band 2" folder. And the samples should load. At least it works for me. Now the samples are loading fine.

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Thanks much, bouilifb, that solved my problem. Looks like the installer needs an update to make sure the instruments folder gets put in the right place.

Hi Fred

Thanks for working this one out - you're a star!

Thumbs down to Garritan for a)not responding and b) supplying a product without proper documentation.

Ok, let's make some music!

Richard

You're welcome.

I'm going to apply a job at Garritan's HelpDesk.

I'm still having a problem with loading Sarrusophones. Can Mac users confirm this or is it just me? All other instruments are ok for me.

There is obviously a problem in Mac setup for COMB2.
    There is no spoon.

We're checking with the designers of the installer to see if we can't get a quick fix posted for this. Sorry for the inconvenience but glad that our ever-resourceful users are finding temporary work-arounds.

Tom

Go Back to forum