• Register
  • Help

Topic: Andrés Eloy Rodríguez - Episodios Rituales (Rituals Episodies) - for Chamber Orch.

Share/Bookmark

Andrés Eloy Rodríguez - Episodios Rituales (Rituals Episodies) - for Chamber Orch.

Dear Friends:

I have de pleasure of share with all of you a work that recently has been awarded in a National Composition Contest in my home country (Venezuela). Episodios Rituales for chamber orchestra won the Municipal Award of Music - Short Symphonic work category.

This is the very first time that I have been awarded in a composition contest. This is one of my first works composed originally for string quartet (2005), and orchestrated later (2006).

There are the links for listen:

1) Preludio y Danza
    http://www.box.net/shared/moqfv3lsqv

2) Pavana
    http://www.box.net/shared/qe547f8tm8

3) Bacanal
    http://www.box.net/shared/fs0nf5zoyr

The world premiere of the work will be on October - November of this year.

Enjoy It this previews

Andres Eloy Rodriguez

Re: Andrés Eloy Rodríguez - Episodios Rituales (Rituals Episodies) - for Chamber Orch

Congratulations. I've only listened to the first part so far, but it is interesting. It is less rhythmical than your previous submission to this forum, but I like this one better (if I remember it properly). I can hear parallels to the orchestral work of Hindemith. Is that a composer you admire? Your work seems to have a similar way of structuring, and also a similar coloring and progression, especially in the faster parts.

The sound is good, by the way. It won't fool people into believing it's a real orchestra, but it is very natural and fluid. The dynamics come across very well.
    Theo

Re: Andrés Eloy Rodríguez - Episodios Rituales (Rituals Episodies) - for Chamber Orch

Tomorrow I will listen to these pieces again........ first impression: a bit to wide panned, there is little in the middle. For the rest, it sounds very interesting......

Buenas noches, amigo

Raymond

I have listened to all 3. Congratulations to you for writing and for your success with the piece!
    Interesting and engaging throughout, twisting and turning, the strings had a certain serpentine slipperiness to them, especially in part 1. I found part 3 had a fusion-like feel, jazzy and rhythmic. Part 2 had a bit of a clipped ending, (you might want to check) but otherwise very good. You find inventive things to do with the instruments, and the way you have combined them to create effect is quite entertaining. This is very exciting, creative writing and rendering, I enjoyed it!

Thank you!
    sd cisco

Thanks to all of you for your comments...I apreciate it a lot¡¡

Well, answering some questions: Really when I composed this work I had in mind an string quartet...When I decide to orchestrate it, I became to listening carefully what the voices suggested me; "a colour", "a texture", beyond the sonority of the solo strings. Off course, the influence of to play in orchestra for many year (this year I arrive to ten years with Venezuela Symphony Orchestra, previously I was principal flute of Miranda State Symphony Orch.)....I have heared (and done¡¡) lot of music of Stravinsky, Hindemith, Shostakovick, and I also hold a background in popular music, over all venezuelan and latin-american music...Beside of the above mentioned, I do listen music from everywhere (Piazzola, Zappa, Brazil, etc). I guess that this works is just a part of my experience with all those musics...

Listened to all three parts. I loved the first two the most. Really a great sequence. Having heard the third part it became clear to me why you had panned the whole lot so very wide. It made sense after all.

I loved it, your orchestration seems at first a bit chaotic, but after a while it just fits in well. The voicing is really great.

Congratulations,

Raymond

Go Back to forum