• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Anyone have forum problems with Firefox 3.6

Share/Bookmark

Anyone have forum problems with Firefox 3.6

Hi. Suddenly the forum become freezed using firefox 3.6, i mean, i cant click on any thread link. It works ok with explorer or google chrome.
    Anyone has this problem?

UPDATE: The issue was with the ADBLOCK PLUS extension. You just need to go to the "ABP" icon on the upper right in firefox, and click on the arrow at the right of it. Then select "deactivate in northernsounds.com".
    Now reload the forum page, and all will be ok.
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Anyone have forum problems with Firefox 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    Hi. Suddenly the forum become freezed using firefox 3.6, i mean, i cant click on any thread link. It works ok with explorer or google chrome.
    Anyone has this problem?
    Yes, me too. Unuseable in Firefox.

It works ok for me with Firefox 3.6.3
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by pascalM View Post
    It works ok for me with Firefox 3.6.3
    I'm using Firefox 3.6.3 on 3 different machines and still no joy.

I'm also using Firefox 3.6.3 with no problems. But, I believe I've experienced a similar problem in the past on facebook using firefox.

Perhaps first try with firefox addons disabled (if you have any). In Firefox 3.5.3 some people had problems with clicking in firefox under certain conditions. There is a thread about it here with a couple of possible solutions (I liked to the second page of the thread):

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/fo...entStyle_plain

Someone mentioned that updating adobe acrobat fixed the problem for whatever reason. A few people mentioned that firefox add-ons were causing the problem, and several people mentioned that the problem was related to their mouse/pointer device driver. That was in an older version of firefox, but the problem description sounds similar.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

I take it back. I am having this problem with the "Thread Display Options" portions of the site. Is anyone else having problems specific to this, or are they more to do with all-around forum clickability?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Perry View Post
    I take it back. I am having this problem with the "Thread Display Options" portions of the site. Is anyone else having problems specific to this, or are they more to do with all-around forum clickability?
    All round clickability here.

I know from another forum that recently updated to vBulletin 4 that similar problems showed up. There were enough bugs in this version of the software that they hired a developer to fix them, too numerous to mention.

I'm seeing formatting issues as the other forum did, lots of blank space above quoted replies (when I resort to using IE), messy smillies and icons, overlapping boxes etc.

That's not so encouraging. The issue has been passed on to the admins, so we will see what becomes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    All round clickability here.

I know from another forum that recently updated to vBulletin 4 that similar problems showed up. There were enough bugs in this version of the software that they hired a developer to fix them, too numerous to mention.

I'm seeing formatting issues as the other forum did, lots of blank space above quoted replies (when I resort to using IE), messy smillies and icons, overlapping boxes etc.
    I'm looking into this but can't seem to recreate the problem you describe on both platforms. I'm wondering if its an addon within Firefox or if something is turned off.

I'm not sure about what all is specifically being listed here as non-functional:

"...i cant click on any thread link..." You mean any link that's part of a post? - like Tim's link to the Firefox support page?

Tony when you say that '...All round clickability..." is the problem, that sounds like you mean that absolutely nothing which is clicked works?--But clicking to read a thread has to not be included in what you mean, since you're on this thread. - ? -

So I can't confirm this generalized non-clicking problem. Links work, I can move around.

BUT I can confirm that I have the same problem with "Thread Display Options" as Tim. Those are dead, nothing moves, nothing happens.

I must say Firefox has been getting progressively more and more problematic. It freezes up on me several times a day, I'm constantly having to reach for the Task Manager. My option is to use Chrome, but I find it so austere after enjoying all my Firefox goodies for so long - No Yahoo tool bar? Hey!---Hopefully Chrome will improve in its functionality, but it's already much faster than Firefox, and so far I've never had these kind of problems in Chrome being reported here about Firefox.

SO - Yeah, I have some Forum problems, but not the full parcel of problems as I understand them on this thread.

Randy

Go Back to forum