• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4 Questions...

GPO 4 Questions...

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Re: GPO 4 Questions...

you just load aria as a vst in overture, no problems.
    gpo, jabb, symphonic choirs (only until Garritan's is out!), cubase, sibelius, reason

Nord Stage 2 88, Fender guitar and bass, Roland td9 drumkit, Norman acoustic guitar

three cats

Re: GPO 4 Questions...

Hey Michael,

Snorlax (aka Jim Williams) is a resident expert on using Overture with GPO. My understanding as sakari suggested is you can load it as a VST in Overture.

As far as the reverb question, I believe you can use Aria's built in ambience and increase the send level per instrument on Aria's mixer. I'm not sure if there are still plans to include some sort of impulse reverb or not, but that would be ideal in my opinion.

Lastly, there aren't any staccato keyswitches, but I think if you put a staccato marking in your score it will playback staccato. This works well in Finale and I believe the same is true for Overture. The thing I DON'T like about staccato in Finale is the release of the note. It ends too abruptly (sounding like the note is being stopped with the tongue) so I always create a hidden expression that changes CC16 (I think) to make the release sound more open.

My understanding is Overture is far superior notation app in terms of editing midi data much the same way one would edit midi data in a sequencer app which makes it a good match with GPO and the like.

Hope this helps. Again do a forum search for Overture or send Snorlax a message and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out with specific questions.

Now please, please post something in the Listening Room

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum