• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cannot Authorize Omnisphere in Nuendo 5

Share/Bookmark

Cannot Authorize Omnisphere in Nuendo 5

Morning,

Well - this is a first for me. Just built a new workstation over this past weekend and I am now installing my VSTi's....this morning - I install Omnisphere and of course - get to the Authorization screen - and I follow the instructions and get my response code. I use the Copy/paste buttons and confirm the codes are correct.

Yet when I completely remove the Omnisphere instance and reload it to confirm the authorization has been accepted - I am returned to the authorization screen again. Uh-oh.

Given all the fallout from the Cubase 5.5 debacle and lots of changes (specifically some folks saying they may have to run Cubase as Adminstrator in Windows 7) could it be that I am getting nailed with permissions or some other issue?

This is the first time I have ever been "stopped" by the authorization system - and I have to think that Nuendo 5 has some similar underpinnings to Cubase 5.5 when it comes to permissions on Windows 7.

I have my UAC on Windows 7 set to one notch away from "off" which has always been fine. Would rather not shut it right off...

EDIT: I turned UAC off completely in Windows 7 and still no joy. I also recopied the auth codes I received via email sent by Spectra to my email address and still nothing....this a strange one.

Ideas?

Cheers!

VP

Re: Cannot Authorize Omnisphere in Nuendo 5

I switched to Mac so my memories may be a little faded now. I recall the Vista had some issues with not allowing programs to write into certain directories that were "system" oriented. I assume Win 7 will do the same since it is based off of Vista. Check to make sure that Neundo nor any of your music folders (like the vstplugins one) are in an area that Windows may try to protect. I remember moving things to a separate drive (and installing anything into C:\Program Files). Then Windows would leave well and good alone and authorizations could happen (Had this happen when I installed Komplete 5).
    Hopefully that is it- if not- good luck

Hi,
    I guess the first thing one might do in to contact Spectrasonics support. Have you done that by any chance? Second, I have to ask, but just to confirm have you created a user account and gone through the authorization process, and have not attempted to use an old code sent previously, or obtained by the old previous method of authorizing? In any case I for one would highly recommend you contact Spectrasonics support and give them a chance to help you so that you can get up and running again quickly. A day without Omnisphere is like a day without sunshine! ...........frank

PS: Re. "Given all the fallout from the Cubase 5.5 debacle"
    ---Sorry, what "debacle"? The 5.5. upgrade (Mac version) is working fine here, all the new features etc. have been checked out, the update went perfectly etc. for both me and some clients, so not sure what you mean. Have you been visiting 'that cubase.net forum' again?
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Re: " I assume Win 7 will do the same"
    ---Correct; it does protect certain folders and files like those in Program Files, BUT if Win 7 is set up properly, it will simply tell you via a pop-up that you need admin privileges to proceed and all one has to do is just click on the correct button in the pop-up and you can then copy or paste or whatever.

Re: "Check to make sure that Neundo nor any of your music folders (like the vstplugins one) are in an area that Windows may try to protect"
    ---If they are in Program Files then normally one needs to be the admin to access them and move or remove files etc. So, it would suggest that it's best to run the computer using an admin account rather than be just a user with restricted privileges. A Mac of course is much different (and better)!
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Hi,
    I guess the first thing one might do in to contact Spectrasonics support. Have you done that by any chance? Second, I have to ask, but just to confirm have you created a user account and gone through the authorization process, and have not attempted to use an old code sent previously, or obtained by the old previous method of authorizing? In any case I for one would highly recommend you contact Spectrasonics support and give them a chance to help you so that you can get up and running again quickly. A day without Omnisphere is like a day without sunshine! ...........frank

PS: Re. "Given all the fallout from the Cubase 5.5 debacle"
    ---Sorry, what "debacle"? The 5.5. upgrade (Mac version) is working fine here, all the new features etc. have been checked out, the update went perfectly etc. for both me and some clients, so not sure what you mean. Have you been visiting 'that cubase.net forum' again?
    Playz,

Thanks for the update. I did call the Spectras as soon as I hit the issue...no call back yet. And yes - I am using only the auth codes generated as soon as the plugin is inserted. And I am only using the Omnisphere Copy/Paste buttons to handle all those characters. No matter what I have tried - the auth will not "take".

As far as the Cubase 5.5 debacle....yes - I hang at the forums and many were reporting plugins failing at startup...plugins suddenly displaying authorization windows time and time again and so on. Some folks had no probs while others had many. I was seeing that IK Multimedia stuff was dying among other things.

Over here - I have had smooth sailing with my Native Instruments stuff...my IK stuff and my Toontrack stuff. Only the Spectrasonics stuff is raising a fuss.

I am installing my new Trilian right now to see if I can authorize that for the first time. If that one bails - then we have a real problem - just with this line of plugs.

I am hoping that Spectra will get back to me - but I left a message some 4 hours ago now - so I am not getting a warm and fuzzy about a call anytime soon...unless LOTS of folks are suddenly having issues with N5/C5.5....

Thanks again!

VP

So, it would suggest that it's best to run the computer using an admin account rather than be just a user with restricted privileges. A Mac of course is much different (and better)!
    For kicks - I will try to run Nuendo as Administrator and see what happens there....

So...

Running N5 as administrator does nothing.

Oddly - I installed Trilian and Stylus RMX and had no issues at all with the install or authorization.

What the heck am I doing wrong here?

Does anyone have any idea how to properly uninstall Omnisphere - since no uninstaller is provided?

Cheers!

VP

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalpoint View Post
    So...

Running N5 as administrator does nothing.

Oddly - I installed Trilian and Stylus RMX and had no issues at all with the install or authorization.

What the heck am I doing wrong here?

Does anyone have any idea how to properly uninstall Omnisphere - since no uninstaller is provided?

Cheers!

VP

Hi Vocalpoint

I dont think you need to uninstall, but if you want just delete all the omnis files, then also delete them from the trash.

Befor you do this, first down load the latest update for Omni from your acount this should give you a different code.

If your feeling bold enough write the new code on a note book because some times windows will not let you copy if you can copy thats ok but you dont need to use Omnis copy, you can use left click on your mouse. paste or type it in your acount, when you get your new code make sure you copy all the code from your acount because sometimes there is a few figures that you cant see because the code is so long, then do the normal thing with Omni.

Im thinking by now you may of run out of new codes from your acount so you may need to wait for spectro to give you new codes it my take a few hours or a day for responce.

You also may of got lucky and figured it, hope your up and running soon

keep creating

novaburst

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 6gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Re. "Running N5 as administrator does nothing."
    ---Perhaps it wasn't clear what I was suggesting and why? Running software in Admin mode, once it's already installed, really does very little to change things. It's during the installation process, when files are being installed, moved, deleted etc., that running everything in Admin mode is most advantageous........frank

Re. "Running N5 as administrator does nothing."
    ---Perhaps it wasn't clear what I was suggesting and why? Running software in Admin mode, once it's already installed, really does very little to change things. It's during the installation process, when files are being installed, moved, deleted etc., that running everything in Admin mode is most advantageous........frank
    Never had a single issue and never had to ever run as admin over the last three years running Vista/7.

Working with Spectra support - we believe the issue is with a possible problem with my 45GB Omnisphere datastore. So I am reinstalling the whole library from DVD to see where that takes me.

Will update once that's done.

Cheers!

VP

Go Back to forum