• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't click on threads? Deactivate AdBlock Plus for Northern Sounds!

Share/Bookmark

Can't click on threads? Deactivate AdBlock Plus for Northern Sounds!

For anyone else using Firefox and unable to open threads....I won't type more here because it is pointless since the people having the problem can't see this post.

Just trying to help out....

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Can't click on threads? Deactivate AdBlock Plus for Northern Sounds!

Kevin, with AdBlock Plus deactivated, are you having any issues viewing old threads? Or is everything now working?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Everything is working just fine Tim!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

As I've said on other threads, I don't have AdBlocksPlus - so what am I supposed to turn off in Firefox?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    As I've said on other threads, I don't have AdBlocksPlus - so what am I supposed to turn off in Firefox?

Randy
    Hi Randy, after deactivating AdBlock Plus, i dont have other problem. What problem do you have?
    If you need configure the popup blocker built-in in firefox it is under "tools>options>contents>block popup windows> Exceptions"
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    Hi Randy, after deactivating AdBlock Plus, i dont have other problem. What problem do you have?
    If you need configure the popup blocker built-in in firefox it is under "tools>options>contents>block popup windows> Exceptions"
    Thank you, Marce - That's what I've asked about several times now, I appreciate you directing me to this. Unfortunately, on that "block pop up windows" tab, I've had Northern Sounds listed as an exception ever since I started using Firefox. I just now checked, it's still on the exceptions list.

What isn't working for me is the tab where you choose how many threads you want to see. The menu is a static graphic that doesn't open, making me stuck on only seeing one day's worth of posts.

I have to use Google Chrome until things are fixed here at NS.

The re-do was done to make NS more secure. Remember a few months ago when these pages were hacked and we couldn't get in? They're trying to prevent that - but in the process of upgrading and putting in more safeguards, they've made the Forum less functional with some browsers, at least with Firefox.

I won't grumble about the cosmetic changes. ---but - I wish it could look more like a slick looking Forum such as the ones at Cakewalk/Sonar. For one thing, those Forums fill out the entire screen, so they're less cramped looking.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Thank you, Marce

What isn't working for me is the tab where you choose how many threads you want to see. The menu is a static graphic that doesn't open, making me stuck on only seeing one day's worth of posts.

I have to use Google Chrome until things are fixed here at NS.

Randy B.
    Well, just for the record, i have checked it with a clean firefox install: the combo boxes you pointed, dont work. BUT, it dont works, at least for me, in Chrome neither. It only works in Explorer 6. Look the screenshots.

GOOGLE CHROME (THE COMBO BOXES ARE STATIC)
    http://stashbox.org/934804/Chrome.jpg

IEXPLORE6 (IT WORKS)

http://stashbox.org/934806/explorer6.jpg

Meanwhile, Randy, you could configure your defaults for this combo boxes here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...do=editoptions

Scroll to thread display options.
    Marcelo Colina

With IE 8, so slow, nearly unusable. Firefox, unusable. No Ad Block.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    Well, just for the record, i have checked it with a clean firefox install: the combo boxes you pointed, dont work. BUT, it dont works, at least for me, in Chrome neither. It only works in Explorer 6...
    You're so right, Marce. No go on Chrome either. IE--omg, I haven't used that in months. Will my computer explode do you think?! ---I'll try.

Meanwhile, I noticed the Forum was down for an hour tonight - but whatever they worked on, it wasn't the non-functioning selection buttons.

Randy

Go Back to forum