• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrading to GPO - Crossgrading to Kontakt 4

Upgrading to GPO - Crossgrading to Kontakt 4

Hi. I´m currently using GPO with KP1, and just noticed at Native Instrument´s site that I qualify for a discounted crossgrade to Kontakt 4. BUT, I´d also like to upgrade to GPO 4. If I get crossgrade, do I still qualify for the upgrade to GPO4?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Upgrading to GPO - Crossgrading to Kontakt 4

Hello Tzarls,

From your post I think there may be a misunderstanding.

First, there is no connection whatsoever between GPO4 and Kontakt4. In fact, GPO4 will not work at all with Kontakt. GPO4 will only work with Garritan's Aria Player which is included if you were to upgrade to GPO4.

You are using an early version of GPO which, at the time, needed the Kontakt Player 1. If you intend to upgrade to GPO4 then you don't need either the Kontakt Player or the full Kontakt at all.

If you don't intend to upgrade to GPO4 then I would advise your next course of action to upgrade to Kontakt 2.2 which is a free upgrade. This will update both your GPO library and the Kontakt Player which will give you GPO2 or 3 - I'm not sure. You can then update just the player only. The new Kontakt 4 can be downloaded free of charge and run in demo mode where it functions a a free Kontakt Player. For more information on this and any possible issues please check the NI forums.

Hope this helps.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Yes you can - I just upgraded/crossgraded to both myself. You should qualify for both discounted upgrades - GPO4+Aria as well as Full Kontakt 4.

Thanks to both of you. My question was more about licensing issues than about the technical aspects of the new version of GPO, but I appreciate the help nevertheless. I´ve already purchased the upgrade to Kontakt 4. In short I´ll do the same with my GPO.

Thanks again and best regards.

Go Back to forum