• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moving to a new PC

Moving to a new PC

I know this has been discussed numerous times, but I can't find the threads.

I'm going to get a bigger, better, faster PC in a couple weeks. Do I have to download my Garritan products again, or is there an install process that can use libraries copied from my old PC? (I know I can't just copy them.)

I believe I heard that the Garritan licenses are good for multiple PCs (4?), but there's no reason I don't want to waste a count for a PC that's not going to run any Garritan products. Is there some way to unregister a PC?

BTW, I've got GPO4 and CoMB2 if that matters.

Re: Moving to a new PC

Answer to first question:

no need to re-download the GPO4 stuff. If you'd saved the original download (that transition from KP2 to KP4) then you can re-install it. See this picture, I used those older downloads to fill up my new PC/Harddrive with the samples.

I had very limited disk space when I downloaded GPO4 so I know I didn't keep it on my hard drive. Unless I burned a CD of the downloaded file somewhere I guess I'll have to do the download again.

Hi Pat. I asked about the second question (un-registering a license) you have, and we will have to ask the guys at Plogue about it. Best to e-mail it to support@garritan.com to that it falls into the right hands, and tech support can correspond directly with you.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Go Back to forum