• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pictures - Volume 2: 6th picture

Share/Bookmark

Pictures - Volume 2: 6th picture

Hi guys,

long time no posting. I've been busy with university and some small problems, but I'm still working on my projects. First of all, a small intro: I don't know if some of you rememer Pictures, the small piano book I was writing in 2006, when I made my first appereance here on the forum. After 4 years, I decided to make an official release (before or after the upcoming "The End Of The World", nearly complete) of the previously released book 1 of Ritratti along with this second volume I'm going to finish soon. So, here's one of the new pictures being released: the 6th picture of this new volume. Hope you'll enjoy this piece that, of course, it features the amazing Authorized Steinway (basic ed.).

Picture VI

Best regards,

Andrea
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: Pictures - Volume 2: 6th picture

Hi, do you know that the link leads to a page that says "This shared file or folderlink has been removed.'?
    Theo

+1, tried to look at it, but...... no longer there.

Raymond

Hi guys! Just fixed the broken link! Thanks for letting me know! Hope you'll enjoy!!! ^^
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

hey,

I like this a lot!

Some really great melodies and harmonies in there. Nice twists and turns i wasn't expecting too.

Certainly an achievement.

(P.S. Think there might have been a little distortion in the Render on the louder parts)

Regards, Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Nice piece. It reminds me a bit of Keith Jarret's style: structure through repetition, but not identical repetitions, and indeed, certain harmonic changes. Nice.

There certainly is distortion in the louder part, and perhaps the left hand run could be a bit softer there, since the right hand part gets overshadowed. But for the rest, a very pianistic sound.
    Theo

Some really great melodies and harmonies in there. Nice twists and turns i wasn't expecting too.
    Dan,

I'm glad you liked this little work I made. I still can't belive I composed this piece starting from a very small piano theme I was improvising at the piano with the only right hand. For this picture I was thinking to something martial and maybe a bit heavy, in the style of the last Liszt but I didn't like what I was composing so I tried to represent the subject under another view...this view! I think it's much better representing my subject in its happines instead of its melancholy. Thanks for your comments ^^

It reminds me a bit of Keith Jarret's style: structure through repetition, but not identical repetitions, and indeed, certain harmonic changes.
    For the main theme of piece I was infulenced by Keith Jarret and Giovanni Allevi with a small touch of oriental pianists and composers such as Yiruma and Nobuo Uematsu. For the central part I thought about Rachmaninov and Matthew Bellamy, Muse's frontman. It was like a chemical experiment. I just tried do mix up different elements to create something "new".

There certainly is distortion in the louder part, and perhaps the left hand run could be a bit softer there, since the right hand part gets overshadowed.
    Yes...sadly there's distortion in the louder part...and yes, the left hand run could be softer...it's all under work...this was just a "first look" to this one...refinictions will come soon. Thanks for listening! I really appreciated your comment =)

Best,

Andrea

Go Back to forum