• Register
  • Help

Topic: World library beta testers wanted

Share/Bookmark

World library beta testers wanted

Everyone,

We are looking for something very specific this time for the soon-to-be-released World library: We need a few beta testers who have extensive experience with various ethnic instruments from Africa, India, China, and Japan - common playing practices, typical groupings of instruments for the different cultures, etc. Also gamelans from Indonesia. If you have this kind of detailed, idiosyncratic knowledge and are interested in taking time to help beta test the World library please contact me through NS private messaging. Thanks.

Tom Hopkins
    President, Director of Programming - Garritan Corp.

Smile Re: World library beta testers wanted

Garritan World and Ethnic Library.....Awesome!!!

Re: World library beta testers wanted

I am So,,,,,, hoping for a Hardanger Fiddle hint hint hint
    Fred

Kazoo?! Finally.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes View Post
    I am So,,,,,, hoping for a Hardanger Fiddle hint hint hint
    Fred
    You know Fred--about a month ago I actually asked Gary if there was a Hardanger Fiddle in there (a favorite over here also). Turns out that there is not. But, at least there are now two of us hinting about it.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." – Henry Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Kazoo?! Finally.

Raymond
    Oh, no! Another boring manual to read before having a single note out of it!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Bump for Friday!

Still looking for World Instrument Gurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins View Post
    Everyone,

We are looking for something very specific this time for the soon-to-be-released World library: We need a few beta testers who have extensive experience with various ethnic instruments from Africa, India, China, and Japan - common playing practices, typical groupings of instruments for the different cultures, etc. Also gamelans from Indonesia. If you have this kind of detailed, idiosyncratic knowledge and are interested in taking time to help beta test the World library please contact me through NS private messaging. Thanks.

Tom Hopkins
    President, Director of Programming - Garritan Corp.

Hi Tom. Glad to hear it's finally coming out!

I did spend years studying & playing some of this music and living in the countries (e.g., 5 years learning Gagaku from palace musicians in Japan--and more.) Have a degree in ethnomusicology.

Extremely busy right now scoring a DVD but still think I could be of help.

PM to follow.

Saraswati

Nice hear saddly i dont have experience about them but i must say i want at least pan flute and koto. ps. Wanting garritan guitar library

Go Back to forum