• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Vote in the Garritan Orchestrational Challenge No. 24

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #24!

Share/Bookmark

Re: It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #24!

Good grief these entries are long this time around... Definitely going to take a while to decide on which one to vote for.

Edit: This is going to be REALLY tough to pick one... I'm completely stuck between 5 or so of them.

First orch challenge I've listened to...great job everybody! But I had to pick just one...so I picked...
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

I'm in awe of these entries -- Great job everyone!! The creativity and expression of the entries is outstanding. I know this was a difficult melody and you've risen to the challenge. I'm sure we're all going to enjoy giving each of these entries many listens.

Thank you for your hard work in bringing my melody to life and sharing your entries with the Forum. And a special thanks to Sean and Tony for such a speedy turnaround in getting the entries ready and setting up the poll.

Best regards,

Ken

Excellent, thanks for getting the poll up, Sean. I listened to the 8 entries this morning before the poll was up, and can honestly say I really enjoyed every one of them. Superb work--all of you anonymous entrants!

There was an interesting element to this theme's motif, which Ken pointed out when he posted it - the repeating notes. It's so entertaining to see the way these 8 people have dealt with those repeating notes in 8 very individual ways.

One request - as this voting period goes on, could we please avoid posts which make reference to specific MP3s? i.e. "I'm really torn between number X and number X, they're all good but these two are my faves"---It just isn't appropriate to talk about what our personal favorites are while the voting is still going on. I'm just mentioning that as an observation of previous Challenges where those kind of posts have cropped up.

This is great---I gotta say it--in my book, you're all already winners.

Randy

WoW!!!

I may be biased, but I like Numbers:

[Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Well, I sure know how to stop a conversation. It was just a joke. I think all these are excellent renditions of RustyCrooks melody. I am hard pressed to make a decision.

Rich

Hi, Rich - You didn't stop the conversation - the Forum is just sleepier and much less active than it used to be. I liked your joke - but actually, that's the way I feel - I vote for #s 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.--or wish I could anyway.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I vote for #s 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.--or wish I could anyway.
    But who would win then? Or would we have 8 themes for the next challenge? Also a "challenging" thought...
    Theo

Well, it was a sneaky way for me to see if anyone was actually reading forum posts and not just voting. I am always interested in what comments (in general and not a specific entry) people have about the challenge. That to me is the fun part.

Rich

Go Back to forum