• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Harp of choice

Share/Bookmark

Harp of choice

Hey all, just curious what your experiences are with the many harp libraries that are around. I've mostly narrowed it down to Cinesamples, Vienna, and Westgate. Am I missing any? Up until recently, I used the GPO Harps, and recently been changing it up, using the harp included in Vienna SE, but I'm ready for more articulations.

Are there any advantages of one over the other, or should I just pick one and move on?
    JosephCarrillo.com
    House of Blackbirds Music Channel on YouTube

Joe's Music on iTunes

Re: Harp of choice

Sonivox does have harp-only library as a part of their symphonic package.

http://www.sonivoxmi.com/ProductDetail.asp?Item=CDHarp
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Lightbulb Re: Harp of choice

Of all of the virtual instrument makers out there, the most knowledgeable about harp is Gary Garritan, an accomplished harpist. He use to have a harp giga-lib out there, but I do not know if it is still available. Something to look into.
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. I forgot about Sonivox, Ken-P. Thanks for the reminder!

I was unable to find any info about the Gigaharp. Most of the retailers I checked showed it as "no longer available." There were a few shady looking sites that appeared to have it available for download, but they might have been torrents, and I don't swing that way.

I'll probably just flip for it.
    JosephCarrillo.com

Joe's Music on iTunes

I have CineHarp and Westgates harp(s). Both sound good but I tend to use the Westgate more...

/Thomas
    We are the musikmakers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Might want to check out Project Sams harp.

Oooh! I didn't know about the project sam one... I'll have to investigate... Thanks for the heads up. Thanks mech289! Do you have this library?
    JosephCarrillo.com

Joe's Music on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo View Post
    Of all of the virtual instrument makers out there, the most knowledgeable about harp is Gary Garritan, an accomplished harpist. He use to have a harp giga-lib out there, but I do not know if it is still available. Something to look into.
    and is still the best sounding Sampled harp. A Sampled Harp with great detail to soft dynamics of a harp.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

I really like the X-Sample harp. I got the AKAI disc many moons ago, and I still use it more than any other (although I've now imported it into Kontakt, and built one giant keyswitch instrument from the several patches). The sound is still fantastic, and it has some patches that make it well worth owning -such as the pedal buzzes.

I do own Gigaharp, but that didn't import into Kontakt so well, so I wouldn't want to make a comparison.
    David

I own Vienna Instruments Harp I/II standard & extended and it is the best harp I have. I tried the Sonnivox harp, garritan harp, Kirk Hunter Harp, and have over 2 terrabytes of other sample libs. Nothing sounds as good to my ears as the Vienna Harps. I haven't tried the Cinesamples harps yet, though.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Go Back to forum