• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX amp envelopes - how fast?

Share/Bookmark

RMX amp envelopes - how fast?

I'm a long time RMX user, and I just love it.
    but lately I've been trying to use it as a 'Sampler' for more than drums.

Reason being, it works great in my system, sounds great, and the interface is familiar to me.

But with my own samples, I'm noticting a distinct "attack" envelope using the RMX.
    This attack is not true zero, when the RMX amp attack is set to zero.
    This softens some of the initial transients, which is ok for most samples, but not for a few I've been using lately.

By comparing the original sample and the RMX exported version, At 124 bpm, the RMX Attack works out to be about 0.0015 seconds.
    The sample starts as an .aiff, then gets Recycled (with no envelopes or fx active), Sage converted, and then loaded into the RMX..

Could anyone confirm this "non-zero" attack , or comment on how fast the envelopes are supposed to be by spec in RMX?

Still loving RMX. Thanks
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

Re: RMX amp envelopes - how fast?

The attack in RMX should be immediate when set to zero. It sounds like the ramp came from Recycle, especially since the value you're observing is the default attack time in Recycle. If you can't get an an immediate attack, contact support with the details and they'll help you out.

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Re: RMX amp envelopes - how fast?

Thank you so much GlennO.

I will contact spec support asap..... guess there has to be a first time for everything.

Keep up the great work!
    Cheers.
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

Go Back to forum