• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Quantum Leap Brass NEW MP3 demo

Quantum Leap Brass NEW MP3 demo

I put together a demo using stuff that I have written over the past year. All the brass is from Quantum Leap Brass. You can download the mp3 at soundsonline.com http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=QLBUNI
    You must download the mp3, the real audio demos are old.

[This message has been edited by Nick Phoenix (edited 07-14-2001).]

Re: Quantum Leap Brass NEW MP3 demo

Could you pass on some info about Prosamples/QLB/Orchestral?

Also, would I combine or convert the AKAI
    to gig?

I bought the CD but its not out yet. Just wanted to get a taste of your product untill
    I have the founds to dive head first

Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

Where do I get the MP3 file. When I click on the demo buttons, my machine crashes.

Soundsonline works best with Internet Explorer or Netscape. Look up QL Brass and click on the MP3 demo button.

Francis B.
    The prosamples orchestral version contains some nice sustains with quick attacks that can be used for most applications. 3 trumpets, solo trumpet, 4 french horns, 3 bones, tuba and a stacatto brass section. But, you\'ll want more...

I am sure I will! Are the samples on Prosamples the same from master CD, just
    not all, right?

Also, would I combine or convert to gig?
    (Akai files)

Thanks Nick.

PS. Rare Inst. sometime this month. Too awesome to put off!

Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.

This is crazy but I see no MP3 button at the QL Brass site at Soundsonline. There are two demo buttons (no other label). When I activate either one a file of a few kb is downloaded. This is what is in the file:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:12:11 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.12
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html
    Content-Length: 51

What am I doing wrong?

It appears that the new mp3 file is available from the QLB \"Unity\" product page _only_, I also downloaded the wrong one by mistake initially.

Try going to:

or just enter \"Quantum Leap\" in a search and then go to the Unity version.

As it happens, the file is AMAZING!

Nick, there is some of the best sequencing ever heard in there.. also some very interesting music, I must say. I\'d love to hear some of those pieces in their entirety, particularly those with an \"Elfman-esque\" flavoring.

I\'ve had the QLB for quite some time now, but darn it if I can get it to sound as great as you do. There is not a trace of mud in your work, in several places the orchestra sounds just perfect. Very impressive!

I\'d be curious to hear how you work, and what equipment/tools you use to get such great definition and \"air\" in the orchestral mix. Anything you are willing to share?

Either way, thanks for the demo, it was most interesting to listen to.

Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

What variety!! Great job. I have QL Brass ... but obviously, I\'m missing the truckload of talent that was behind these scores.

I also noticed that the other instrument libraries were not lacking in quality either.

I have an appointment in the morning at the studio for final work on several CDs of a CD series I am involved with. The studio people were amazed at the sound quality of Gigastudio (I must have the only one in Knoxville). If I would have had tracks like this, you would have had to peel them off the ceiling.

Very convincing work Nick.

Hey Nick, glad I finally got to the MP3

I dloaded the first MP3 last week when yo posted this and it wasn\'t the right one.

Anyhow, It sounds great. It does focus on the strong points I feel that th library has going (and is worth getting for). Plus it shows you got skilllz

That was the Monkeybone clip (2nd cue) wasn\'t it? I\'m pretty sure I remember that one from the theater trailer.

Please share some of our mixing/MIDI tips if you can. I\'ve always said that developers (especially MIDI composing ones) should share their initial thoughts and tips and tricks for how one should compose/focus/mix with the library.

Really...I am an Idiot

SOLD!!! Outstanding! I\'ve eyed QL for months now, but wasn\'t sure if it could do some of the dark nasty stuff I wanted the brass to do... Damn! I\'m buying it next week. Thanks, Nick. Very Impressive work.

Go Back to forum