• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sudden Problem loading Stylus RMX in Cubase 5

Unhappy Sudden Problem loading Stylus RMX in Cubase 5

Dear Readers,

I am running Cubase 5 on my laptop coupled with Stylus RMX [including the patch].
    Everything was working fine for about two months..when I clicked on Device and found the VST in my drop down box I could always click on STYLUS RMX and the interface would come up with the virtual mixer and all the instrument library folders were accessible.

Suddenly, last Friday, Stylus RMX would not load from Cubase. Projects I had saved using Stylus were still playable...if I click on them they come up and run...But if I simply try callimg up Stylus RMX from Cubase 5..nothing happens...the computer makes a noise like it is searching, but eventually it times out.

I am running XP Pro Service pack 3, and 2 GB of RAM with more than 40 GB's of HDspace
    on my main drive..plus I have a 1 TB external hard drive ] but all of my Cubase and Stylus components remain on C drive..that was the configuration when it was working and nothing changed.

I have tried System Restore to the date it last worked fine..I have checked my Event Log to see if there were any warnings [none found that relate to Steinberg/Spectronics/Cubase or Stylus ..so no help there]
    I tried uninstalling Stylus RMX [and the patch] and re-installing both..rebooting, and I am still stuck.

Cubase 5 works fine..and..like I said Stylus RMX was working fine until the day I tuned on my PC and it wasn't fine anymore..and I cannot understand why.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

-Cora @ Coshida Multimedia

Re: Sudden Problem loading Stylus RMX in Cubase 5

What cubase 5 are you using is it 5.1.1 or 5.5

Good luck

Gigabyte EP43UD3L. Core2Duo3gighz6MBcatch.ram 6gighz DDR800hz.seagate1500TBHDD Soundcard:M-AUDIO Fasttrack Pro USB. OS windows764bit.Host Cubase5update. Wavelabstudio 6. Hypersonic with modules. Omnisphere. VST sound collection
    Hardware:dual monitors. controlFreek 16 channel. Samson Cvalve. BasePodLine6. BEHRINGER 8channal mixer.NAD AMP. JBL speakers.Instruments: yamahaP80. yamahaSY35. fender strat. washburn acustic guitar, main intrument: yamaha six stringTBR base guitar.

Go Back to forum