• Register
  • Help

Topic: Explain terminology

Share/Bookmark

Explain terminology

Hi-
    I just started looking through the 'Principals' and don't understand the exercises. Exactly what does "Load two instances of GPO either as a plugin in your sequencer or into your supported notation program " mean? And "load instruments into GPO instance 1 and 2 that correspond to the score" What is an instance? Different from a slot? Does anyone have the patience to explain these exercises to me?

Re: Explain terminology

Hi, dreamcanter

I have found people very patient and helpful here, and it's a great place to start learning.

We'll need a little more background info to relate these instructions to your current aims and PC setup.

So ... do you own a copy of the Garritan Personal Orchestra software, and if so what application/software are you looking to use it in, or are you just looking to learn from the orchestration tutorial without trying to recreate the exercises in any particular music program?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jeffrey Gale View Post
    Hi, dreamcanter

I have found people very patient and helpful here, and it's a great place to start learning.

We'll need a little more background info to relate these instructions to your current aims and PC setup.

So ... do you own a copy of the Garritan Personal Orchestra software, and if so what application/software are you looking to use it in, or are you just looking to learn from the orchestration tutorial without trying to recreate the exercises in any particular music program?
    hi Peter

Dreamcanter had an interesting question. Too bad he didn't come back to you. I am using Mixcraft 5 DAW. And I am looking to purchase GPO... Could you answer Dreamcanter's question for me please?

Thanks in advance
    Pierre (CG)

Quote Originally Posted by clav_guy View Post
    hi Peter

I am using Mixcraft 5 DAW. And I am looking to purchase GPO... Could you answer Dreamcanter's question for me please?

Pierre (CG)
    Hi Pierre

I presume you use some VST in your DAW ... GPO4 uses the Aria player, which is just another VST so you will load it as per any other VST that you use. I don't know Mixcraft but the instruction for loading a VST should be in your Mixcraft manual.

Of course, that knowledge won't be much help before you buy GPO, and when you do, there is more useful info in the GPO manual, but if you still have problems getting it up and running, this is the best place to come back for more help.

Peter

Go Back to forum