• Register
  • Help

Topic: Actually again the Auto Legato mechanism in ARIA

Share/Bookmark

Actually again the Auto Legato mechanism in ARIA

Two notes adjacent. The first one is pizzicato, the second one "normal". The length of the first note is a bit less the full quarter note. The length of the second note plays no role in this. Keyswitches:

before the first note --> F1
    before the second note --> C1

Normally I would expect having the first and second note exactly on the measures beats (they are notated that way). Now I hear the following:

as if Auto Legato still has some signal: "Oh wait a moment I have to play that first note because the distance of the first note to the second note is short enough to make a legato with the second note"

So I have : pizzicato, short repetition of that pizzicato note but now normal bowing and the next note, which I didn't notate.

See this, first measure as notated, second as heard/performed with Auto Legato

Raymond

Re: Actually again the Auto Legato mechanism in ARIA

Could your keyswitch for the second note be a little premature? Try sliding that keyswitch to the right by a very small increment.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Could your keyswitch for the second note be a little premature? Try sliding that keyswitch to the right by a very small increment.
    Doesn't do the job, I tried this. I know there is a CC (#102) which can be switched on/off, but normally the user shouldn't have to do that. When a keyswitch comes "under the hood" of the Auto Legato, this mechanism should automatically switch the legato off. As soon as the C1/C0/C-1 comes along it must be switched on again.

Only with the legato-playing switches for all instruments, it must be on.

Thanks for trying getting my workflow on track again,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    See this, first measure as notated, second as heard/performed with Auto Legato

Hi Raymond,
    This is related to the keyswitch bug I mentioned in your last thread.
    If you don't need auto legato, I recommand you to turn it off while waiting the update/fix.
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by pascalM View Post
    Hi Raymond,
    This is related to the keyswitch bug I mentioned in your last thread.
    If you don't need auto legato, I recommand you to turn it off while waiting the update/fix.
    I need it, but now I make use of the CC#102. Thank you, Pascal...
    Raymond

I don't see any use for auto-legato in a notation program. If you want legato put a slur in.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Buck View Post
    I don't see any use for auto-legato in a notation program. If you want legato put a slur in.
    The example given was only to demonstrate the way it sounded. Slurs are great, but sometimes not enough, in particular when the overlapping doesn't fit the instrument or is too obvious. I wish to decide myself which notes must overlap, with or without CC#64.

Raymond

Go Back to forum