• Register
  • Help

Topic: Routing Mlulti-Outs in Logic

Share/Bookmark

Routing Mlulti-Outs in Logic

I've set up a total of seven instruments in GPO 4 as an AU in Logic 8. I record each part separately and each plays through its own midi channel. All good so far. Now I want to route each instrument to a different aux channel which I will then send to individual audio channels for audio recording. I create the appropriate aux channels by clicking on the "+" at the bottom of the ARIA Player instrument channel in the Mixer windowl. When I then click on the ARIA Player rectangle I am given a series of options (Mono, Stereo, Multi-Out [16xmono], Multi-Out[1xstereo, 15 Mono], etc.) None of these options, though, send the individual instruments to the aux channels. Only the original ARIA Player instrument shows any action.

I realize that I could just solo each instrument in the Aria Player window and bounce each part, but that seems needlessly time consuming.

This appears to be a routing problem which I can't come to grips with--though I have EZDrummer working in this manner just fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Joe
    iMac quad-core i7, 8G RAM, external firewire drives (1 for samples, 1 for audio files)

Re: Routing Mlulti-Outs in Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stoner View Post
    I've set up a total of seven instruments in GPO 4 as an AU in Logic 8. I record each part separately and each plays through its own midi channel. All good so far. Now I want to route each instrument to a different aux channel which I will then send to individual audio channels for audio recording. I create the appropriate aux channels by clicking on the "+" at the bottom of the ARIA Player instrument channel in the Mixer windowl. When I then click on the ARIA Player rectangle I am given a series of options (Mono, Stereo, Multi-Out [16xmono], Multi-Out[1xstereo, 15 Mono], etc.) None of these options, though, send the individual instruments to the aux channels. Only the original ARIA Player instrument shows any action.

I realize that I could just solo each instrument in the Aria Player window and bounce each part, but that seems needlessly time consuming.

This appears to be a routing problem which I can't come to grips with--though I have EZDrummer working in this manner just fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Joe
    Here is what I do to achieve what you are looking for inside of Logic:

- When you choose to insert ARIA into Logic make sure you choose the "Multi-Output 16xStereo" option. After ARIA is inserted I usually turn off the track Output to "No Output" because all of my outs are going to be routed to the bus/aux tracks.

- Now on ARIA you need to specify the outputs for each instrument. Choose 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 accordingly. (your issue could have been having all instrument still set to 1/2 standard outs)

- Then create your bus/aux tracks in the Logic Mixer

- Now for the input on each bus you need to as your ARIA instrument outputs. It will appear with whatever track name you've assigned ARIA. By default it's "inst 1" if it was the first instrument in your Logic session. Then you can set each bus to receive their own stereo output of ARIA. Here you will see "ARIA Playe1-2, ARIA Playe3-4, ect".

- Now you should be able to playback and hear each instrument outputting to the bus/aux in Logic based on what you set on ARIA.

Hey Chad--thanks for the quick reply. I'm quite sure that my problem is, as you say,

"Now on ARIA you need to specify the outputs for each instrument. Choose 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 accordingly. (your issue could have been having all instrument still set to 1/2 standard outs)"

That's what I've been looking for, but where in the ARIA player does one specify this? I'm all ready to say "doh"...

Thanks again, Joe
    iMac quad-core i7, 8G RAM, external firewire drives (1 for samples, 1 for audio files)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stoner View Post
    Hey Chad--thanks for the quick reply. I'm quite sure that my problem is, as you say,

"Now on ARIA you need to specify the outputs for each instrument. Choose 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 accordingly. (your issue could have been having all instrument still set to 1/2 standard outs)"

That's what I've been looking for, but where in the ARIA player does one specify this? I'm all ready to say "doh"...

Thanks again, Joe

Aha! No problem. Visit the Ariaengine.com 'getting around the aria player interface' help page here:

http://ariaengine.com/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=35&id=34&artlang=en

Look at the highlighted area #4

Under each instrument name, there is a small drop down menu where you can assign the stereo output for that instrument.

OK Chad--as promised...

Doh!

Thanks for the message and thanks for the link. All is working well. I shall now hide my head in shame...

Joe

Go Back to forum