• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions on the new library...

Share/Bookmark

Opinions on the new library...

Hello all!

It's been a while, but I was wondering about your favorite features of GPO 4. The GPO library I have is the original, so I believe that there may be many new wonderful features
    Thank you all in advance and I hope all of you are doing well!

James

http://www.jamesjumonville.com/
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Re: Opinions on the new library...

Really good to see you again, James.

I can easily predict that if every owner of GPO4 answered you, the inclusion of the SAM Brass instruments would be very high and probably top of their list of favorite new features. These are excellent, BRAssy brass instruments, several instruments in each of the brass family represented. Considering that one of the most common criticisms of the original GPO was that the brass wasn't brassy enough - these SAM instruments were a very wise inclusion.

Neck-in-neck with SAM, is the ARIA player. Finally the Garritan Libraries are in their own sample player, no longer slaves to the whims of Kontakt Player and the constant upgrade hassles with Native Instruments. ARIA has been tailored for Garritan and the libraries have never been easier to work with, or sounded better.

Randy

Re: Opinions on the new library...

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Really good to see you again, James.

I can easily predict that if every owner of GPO4 answered you, the inclusion of the SAM Brass instruments would be very high and probably top of their list of favorite new features. These are excellent, BRAssy brass instruments, several instruments in each of the brass family represented. Considering that one of the most common criticisms of the original GPO was that the brass wasn't brassy enough - these SAM instruments were a very wise inclusion.

Neck-in-neck with SAM, is the ARIA player. Finally the Garritan Libraries are in their own sample player, no longer slaves to the whims of Kontakt Player and the constant upgrade hassles with Native Instruments. ARIA has been tailored for Garritan and the libraries have never been easier to work with, or sounded better.

Randy
    Thanks for the info Randy! I am happy to hear that the brass has more of a, well, brassy sound. I remember wanting that real brassy sound with the first library. I am also happy to see all the companies going to their own players (EWQL Quantum Leap did this as well). The NI thing did get old very quickly. Thank once again for the update and your favorite features! Take care!

James
    http://www.jamesjumonville.com

Captain Hook (if you see Pan let me know!)

Go Back to forum