• Register
  • Help

Topic: Panning reverb in Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

Panning reverb in Omnisphere?

I'm trying to have an Omnisphere sound panned pretty hard to the left while having its reverb panned mostly to the right. I figured the way to do this would be to pan the sound itself to the left in the Master section and have a reverb inserted in the FX section panned to the right, but none of the three reverbs have such pan controls themselves - is this something I have to do in my DAW or am I missing something?

Re: Panning reverb in Omnisphere?

Good question. I'm interested in this as well.
    If it's not possible to do within Omni, then you would need to add the reverb from within the host and pan it there.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

since reverb is a stereo effect the only way to achieve that is to create a monobus in your DAW.
    AFAIK Omni doesnt have any monobusses.

1) On the mixer or edit page, pan your sound to the left.
    2) On the mixer page, turn up the aux 1 send for that part.
    3) On the Aux 1 effects rack, add an Imager after a Reverb (make sure the reverb mix is turned all the way up) to pan the reverb to the right

- Glenn
    Glenn O
    Spectrasonics

Nice one Glenn . Hadn't thought about that.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Another great and useful tip, thanks GlennO!

Thanks, Glenn! I'll try it out!

Go Back to forum