• Register
  • Help

Topic: Blue Horse Caprice

Share/Bookmark

Blue Horse Caprice

Why call it Blue Horse? Well, probably because I did not have the nerve to name it "Dein Ding, Mein Ding, und Binding"! It is rather playful, quite lively, and quite difficult. Blue Horse, in German, could be taken to mean Drunken Horse. The audio is GPO Steinway.This one require a dreadful amount of rewrites and editing, but I am pleased with the final result, and am pleased that I did not succumb to the many temptations to dump it. It proves to me that the composers best friend is his eraser.

Blue Horse Caprice About 4 1/2 minutes.

Richard
    Last edited by rwayland; 07-10-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: CORRECT THE LINK

Re: Blue Horse Caprice

Hey Richard,

What I listened was a great "brass" piece, but it wasn't the Blue Horse Caprice. It was California Grapefruit. I liked it a lot. I look forward to hearing Blue Horse Caprice.

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Hey Richard,

What I listened was a great "brass" piece, but it wasn't the Blue Horse Caprice. It was California Grapefruit. I liked it a lot. I look forward to hearing Blue Horse Caprice.

Gary A.
    Link has been repaired. Thanks for letting me know.

Richard

Hey there Richard, very colorful composition you've achieved here. Might I recommend composing this on a sober horse next time? Or better yet, the stable seat at a desk? Perhaps that would reduce the amount of erasing next time!

Anyways, in all seriousness, I really enjoyed this one, and you've certainly conveyed the imagery you seem to have been aiming for very well, it was certainly worth all the revisions you said you made, I am sure!

Thanks very much for posting!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Hey Richard,

This is my first chance to get back to you on this piece. Marvelous, Richard! This is not generally the style of music I listen to, but I really enjoyed it! Very well done! Thank you!!!

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Richard;
    I enjoyed the piece immensely! I thought the way you cycled around the themes is very important to note. By bringing the themes 'round again in the way you have done it, you helped me to familiarize myself with the material, on the first listen. Very smooth, fluid and refined - good work Richard!

Thanks for sharing!
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum