• Register
  • Help

Topic: Freebies - Subtone (sort of) at last?

Share/Bookmark

Freebies - Subtone (sort of) at last?

I stumbled upon the following site, with some interesting freebees for Kontakt (which will run on Kontakt 2, by the way). It includes some "classic" electric keyboards (pianos & clavinet), guitars that slide and bend pitch as the velocity increases, and three saxes (not accurately mapped to the actual range of the real instruments).

You probably won't want to use these for everything, but they might uniquely fill some holes in your sample library connection. For me, the saxes seem to have soft, slow, velvety attack that sounds more like subtone than any I own. If you hold the note, after a while you start to get a vibrato (which might make a nice ending to a phrase.)

Anyway, here's the link, if you want to explore it: http://www.hispasonic.com/noticias/d...d-series-11918

The page is in Spanish, but I think you can figure out how to download the software.

Allegro Data Solutions

Re: Freebies - Subtone (sort of) at last?

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    I stumbled upon the following site, with some interesting freebees for Kontakt (which will run on Kontakt 2, by the way). It includes some "classic" electric keyboards (pianos & clavinet), guitars that slide and bend pitch as the velocity increases, and three saxes (not accurately mapped to the actual range of the real instruments).

You probably won't want to use these for everything, but they might uniquely fill some holes in your sample library connection. For me, the saxes seem to have soft, slow, velvety attack that sounds more like subtone than any I own. If you hold the note, after a while you start to get a vibrato (which might make a nice ending to a phrase.)

Anyway, here's the link, if you want to explore it: http://www.hispasonic.com/noticias/d...d-series-11918

The page is in Spanish, but I think you can figure out how to download the software.
    I have followed this freebies in the past, DSK ones, and i have gently asked him what is the source of the samples. Well, i never had a satisfactory answer like "i sampled them or i licensed them", so, for me, the sound source of this freebies is a little "dark"
    Marcelo Colina

Re: Freebies - Subtone (sort of) at last?

Well, that's disappointing. It certainly doesn't sound too encouraging. I am a big believer in freebees as a way to determine the quality of full packages. It was after evaluating some of the Westgate free samples that I bought their French Horn and Clarinet libraries.

Allegro Data Solutions

Go Back to forum