• Register
  • Help

Topic: Half of Four Themes for Orchestra

Half of Four Themes for Orchestra

That's two themes, mind you.

Hello everybody, for those who don't like reading (or prefer reading while listening), here's a link (or two)!

For some quick background:

This piece is written around four themes which I have developed on the piano over the past few months or so. I've attempted multiple times to develop something around at least one, sometimes more of these themes. For one theme, this will be my 3rd attempt, for two others, my 2nd. Finally, after making many mental notes on the keyboard, and rearranging the order of the themes, I feel this is going to be the one that finally makes it from start to finish!

Despite all the rewrites, and attempts in entirely different pieces, I'm finding it very difficult to shake my bout with minimalism, so you can expect a bit of that throughout

Currently, there is a 2-part introduction with the first theme beginning at 0:55 and the second beginning at 1:39.

Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by sanyarem; 07-11-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added a little extra info
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Re: Half of Four Themes for Orchestra

Hey, Michael, I think you have a wonderful start here. I can't wait to hear the rest!

Go Back to forum