• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's happening at Native Instruments??

Share/Bookmark

What's happening at Native Instruments??

Does anyone have any inside information what's really happening at NI? I have been using their products for years but now I'm beginning to wonder...

I ordered the Kontakt 4 upgrade on 21 May (yes, one week before the summer sale), my credit card was charged immediately, got and e-mail with an invoice on 26 May. Then .... nothing.

I contacted sales support in the middle of june. After two weeks they responded. They claimed that the package was sent on 27 May. I said: "NO I have NOT received any package. Are you sure you sent one? At the NI forum one of your employees is claiming that a lot of your products are out of stock, including the Kontakt 4 upgrade."

I then got the answer: "Now we need to wait that your order coming back to our stock. We inform you by any news."

????????

I'm not the only one who is suffering from NI's total lack of customer support. The NI forum is full of upset and angry customers: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...play.php?f=201

So, what's happening at NI?

Re: What's happening at Native Instruments??

the question is, why do you ask this question here ?
    no one can know it better like NI, so why don`t you pick up the phone and call their support ?

shure, their forum sucks, also their email support but the NI phone support is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    the question is, why do you ask this question here ?
    no one can know it better like NI, so why don`t you pick up the phone and call their support ?

shure, their forum sucks, also their email support but the NI phone support is great.
    I think you missed my point here.

I'm not asking what anybody on this forum thinks about my own personal purchase.

I'm asking if someone here has any inside information about what's happening in the company NI. I'm afraid I see a lot of signs of a company that is not working well, ie not being able to deliver already sold products, no control of stock (see other posts on the NI forum), no information to customers, no reply when you e-mail sales support, different messages from support from time to time etc...

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JALS View Post

I'm not asking what anybody on this forum thinks about my own personal purchase.

I'm asking if someone here has any inside information about what's happening in the company NI. I'm afraid I see a lot of signs of a company that is not working well, ie not being able to deliver already sold products, no control of stock (see other posts on the NI forum), no information to customers, no reply when you e-mail sales support, different messages from support from time to time etc...

Anyone else?
    Hi JALS,

This doesn't sound good! That said, I upgraded to Kontakt 4.1 from the GPO version during the summer offer and the goods were delivered swiftly and without complication. I do hope they're not in difficulty.

Also, customer service has reached complete breaking point in most British and European companies at the moment - our banks, utility companies, building societies, government offices etc are all in a dreadful state so I've come to expect appalling treatment from whichever company I deal with at the moment!

Good luck - and here's hoping things will improve.

Regards, Graham

web designing company

there is nothing to happen at native instruments......

Quote Originally Posted by JALS View Post

Anyone else?
    mh, i do understand you.

as i mentioned above, their email and forum support sucks, so you should give them a call.

i also ordered the kontakt crossgrade and it took 2 weekdays to deliver.

i don`t think that anybody here has deeper inside information about NI to share.

and yes, something inside that company is not working well

I see this from a professional user perspective. I buy upgrades and new software all the time for my studio and when your'e dealing with minor upgrades (like the Kontakt upgrade) money isn't really an issue. However, time is. And when you don't get your products delivered in time, your work will suffer. Especially when companies like NI doesn't give you any information on delivery dates whatsoever. I have deadlines to keep all the time and it's really necessary to know what programs and libraries I can use at a given point.

If you compare with VSL for example, NI has a lot to learn. They customer service is always fast and they always provide you with the information you need.

I don't know why NI has these problems. It's probably an integrated part of a badly functioning company culture. One reason could be that a lot of the big libraries has abandoned Kontakt as their player (VSL, East West, GPO etc). Personally I seldom use Kontakt any more (at the moment only for XSample and some other virtual instruments).

(Btw, if anyone wonders, I'm not really new on this forum. I've been here a couple of years but I was asked by my publisher to be anonymous when writing on forums in the future.)

i don't think that you can compare NI to VSL. I would imagine that NI has 100's of times the customers that VSL does. Everyone uses NI - not just orchestral people.

I'm not defending them, but I'd think that their massive amount of customers makes it difficult to keep up.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Hi Jals, I'm going to give you an opinion here... Basically I ordered the Kontakt 4 on June 25, and I am only now receiving the product... I contacted them by email on 2 occasions, and I received a prompt reply where I was told the first time, a week after I placed my order, they had run out of stock and would probably receive new stock by a certain time, and the second time, it would be shipping by the end of the week. In both instances, they were correct.. I posted on the NI forum after the first email to see if others had a similar experience and yes, others had delays in their order of Kontakt 4...

I don't know what happened to your order, but they processed mine and the 2 times I contacted them, they replied with an answer... I'm in the US, maybe in Europe things are different, I don't know where you are...

I think what happens is that when a very popular product is put on big discount sale, people go on a feeding frenzy and they buy things up in ridiculously large quantities.. This kind of thing doesn't happen at VSL because not everybody uses classical instruments for doing sample based music, and their products, even when on sale, are pretty pricey... So, my guess is they probably have better customer service, but also, more time on their hands, casue they're not moving as much product... anyway, just an opinion... I hope you get your order soon... And I'm not privy to what may be happening internally at NI, so I can't comment on that...

Go Back to forum