• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 3rd Party Stylus RMX expansions- what do you recommend?

Share/Bookmark

3rd Party Stylus RMX expansions- what do you recommend?

I think I have OCD- I have all 3 Spectrasonic instruments- yet I want to add more sounds. What are people really loving out there for 3rd party RMX expansions?
    What are your thoughts on the New Orlean Strut $25 mini-pack from Spectrasonics? I listened to the demo and it is nice- but are there other demos out there showcasing that pack (I know- it's $25 so really a no-brainer most likely).
    I have the World R.A.W pack from Sonic Reality and have a great assortment of world percussion.
    Would love to hear some raving fans pipe up on must-get expansions that will blow my mind (don't care about genre either).
    I wish there was a way to roll-my own stuf without having to have Recycle.
    thanks

Re: 3rd Party Stylus RMX expansions- what do you recommend?

Everything from ninevoltaudio including my very own Beat Bandit should be in every Stylus user folder!

Not a big fan of Zero G and Esoundz-they suffer from really poor rexing.
    Elabs is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Everything from ninevoltaudio including my very own Beat Bandit should be in every Stylus user folder!

Not a big fan of Zero G and Esoundz-they suffer from really poor rexing.
    Elabs is good.
    Nine volt stuff is brilliant. I have most of them except Beat Bandit. sorry Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post

Elabs is good.
    Second both of those suggestions -- except I'd rather you DIDN'T get them, just leave them to me...

Have to agree with the others. Nine Volt Audio stuff.
    As well as the percussive side of things the majority are melodic expansions - guitars and so on. As well as normal "editing" you can do, these are even more useful now that you can have several variations in the time designer section.

Ilio also have a few great ones that don't come with RMX such as Big Bad Beats, Stark Raving Beats, Noizebox & so on.

Have a look at Skippy's stuff too. The BeatTropolis is "okay" but the 4 tutorial videos he did have an accompnying set of loops that are well worth it.

Can't see that you'd need to look much further than these.

Not sure the Nine Volt Big Bad Guitars & Big Bad Bass Guitars would fit into your worship group though
    Last edited by NeilB; 07-22-2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: afterthought
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    I think I have OCD- I have all 3 Spectrasonic instruments- yet I want to add more sounds. What are people really loving out there for 3rd party RMX expansions?
    What are your thoughts on the New Orlean Strut $25 mini-pack from Spectrasonics? I listened to the demo and it is nice- but are there other demos out there showcasing that pack (I know- it's $25 so really a no-brainer most likely).
    It's a pretty amazing deal and there's a lot of useful stuff. It's been featured on many albums and TV shows/Films too. Particularly on "Arrested Development".

Just get it. BTW, ALL the money goes to helping build homes with Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans, so it's a very good cause. We've been able to build several homes with that project and it's a very worthy thing. Have never had a single complaint about the quality of the sounds or the price either...it is universally loved. :-)

You can hear N.O.S. showcased in these video demos too:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/rmx-17-video-demo.php

http://support.spectrasonics.net/pub...e_Designer.php

Also, I highly recommend ILIO's Xpansion pack of 4 Xpanders:

http://ilio.com/ilio/xpanders/index.htm

I produced Ethno Techno for ILIO and there are other very useful titles in the pack as well...it's a great price now, so I'd highly recommend that to you.

Cheers,

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    It's a pretty amazing deal and there's a lot of useful stuff. It's been featured on many albums and TV shows/Films too. Particularly on "Arrested Development".

Just get it. BTW, ALL the money goes to helping build homes with Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans, so it's a very good cause. We've been able to build several homes with that project and it's a very worthy thing. Have never had a single complaint about the quality of the sounds or the price either...it is universally loved. :-)

You can hear N.O.S. showcased in these video demos too:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/rmx-17-video-demo.php

http://support.spectrasonics.net/pub...e_Designer.php

Also, I highly recommend ILIO's Xpansion pack of 4 Xpanders:

http://ilio.com/ilio/xpanders/index.htm

I produced Ethno Techno for ILIO and there are other very useful titles in the pack as well...it's a great price now, so I'd highly recommend that to you.

Cheers,

spectrum
    Actually as Eric is probably too modest to mention the Spectrasonics Expanders are must haves too. I have all of them. There was an amazing deal on all of them a while ago.

Eric,
    Thanks for the info- I am watching that video now and it was nice to see a full list (or rather 3rd of a full list) of N.O.S. Brilliant- looks like a great pack to use with Time Designer.
    I will definately pick that up.

Keep em coming- although I think my Christmas wish list if full for the next few years.
    I downloaded the Nine Volt Audio demo pack from RMX last night and will give that a go as well.

NeilB, I am looking for my own personall songwritting- although if the drummer and guitarist act up- I guess I could replace them at church hahahaha!

Yep the Ilio ones are great too.

I had a look at the Ilio site and they only seem to be selling the bundle of 4.
    I have all of them except Ethno Techno (please don't hit me Eric ) and I was hoping to buy just that one.
    Anyone know where it is available at a sensible price (Dolphin Music has it at £75 UK!!!!)

Javaj - drummers & guitarists don't act up do they??? He he he
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

I mean, geez -- this is an old video -- but watching it again after all this time STILL makes me excited. This stuff is just beyond amazing. Seriously.

/end-fanboy-post

Go Back to forum